SAU Community

M35 Stagea Shocks... Help

tango29

Hi Guys....

As allways, if there is something wrong, go to the guys with the info, as all that i've inquired about through this forum has lead to good info, i'm tryin again...

ok, my rear shocks on my m35 are leaking...i.e they're poked. so nissan will sell me genuine ones but to fit 2 new rears will be about $1000 and it seems getting aftermarket ones in new zealand is impossible as most peoples parts catalogues dont list an m35 to start with. i'm wondering what i need to ask for,

are they the same as v35 skyline ones?

what have you guys used?

are they the same as any other models aswell?

any help would, as allways be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys....

As allways, if there is something wrong, go to the guys with the info, as all that i've inquired about through this forum has lead to good info, i'm tryin again...

ok, my rear shocks on my m35 are leaking...i.e they're poked. so nissan will sell me genuine ones but to fit 2 new rears will be about $1000 and it seems getting aftermarket ones in new zealand is impossible as most peoples parts catalogues dont list an m35 to start with. i'm wondering what i need to ask for,

are they the same as v35 skyline ones?

what have you guys used?

are they the same as any other models aswell?

any help would, as allways be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know they are pretty unique.

at $1000 for rears alone, I would look at Tanabe NF coilovers - I just ordered a set at $1580 for all 4 - they are height adjustable and use the same spring rate as standard. Damping is a little firmer just to reduce body roll and excess bounce around corners. I got mine from JDM Concepts. I should have them in a week, but I have heard really positive feedback from other forum members using the same shocks.

Note* Apparently they wont work with HICAS (4 wheel steer) model M35's

if you have an ARX your selection is fairly limited but if you have an RS or RX then there is a larger selection available.

do a search on this and there is a large thread with this covered, also iamhe77 has kindly made a thread with many different brands of after-market suspension kits available for the M35.

Go the Bilsteins. You will be very happy.

And while you are upgrading find your self some stiffer swaybars. The improvement in handling is soooooo good. :(

i really do not understand the fact hicas matters or not

I think that is why the rear shock is bolted into the "top hat" that then bolts to chassis. I would presume that allows to shock to have some lateral movement without causing any problems.

$1k for the rears alone!!!! F*ck me!!!

Depends what you want.

If you need them to be height adjustible, look at Bilsteins or by all means go through the M35 Aftermarket Suspension thread and make your choice, than email RHD to get it listed and buy through them (you usually get a 5% discount if you buy the item you get them to list).

If you don't need height adjustment, go with the Nismo's.

RHDJapan has them listed new and will ship to NZ, just create an account.

RHDJapan is HIGHLY recommended for all new stuff :)

Edited by iamhe77

I would not consider the standard Nissan shock as it is a twin tube shock and not particularly good.

If you are going to replace them I would get something of a little better quality and at least a single tube design.

Cheers

Andy