SAU Community

R34 Gtr Buyers Guide

Hmm, i heard i might be able to import a GTR for say under $45k if i can find a good looking and good quality bargain.

Depends on how the exchange rate is like, seems to be holding well and rising, sitting at 75 at the moment.

Just one thing that seems to bug me, do i get to keep my xenons if they come in, because i heard somewhere that they remove the xenons when imported.

Tried going onto the Jspec site, seems to be down.

MRXTCZ

Hmm, i heard i might be able to import a GTR for say under $45k if i can find a good looking and good quality bargain.

Depends on how the exchange rate is like, seems to be holding well and rising, sitting at 75 at the moment.

Just one thing that seems to bug me, do i get to keep my xenons if they come in, because i heard somewhere that they remove the xenons when imported.

Tried going onto the Jspec site, seems to be down.

MRXTCZ

Dont think its a problem, i got mine with xenons + alot of cars have xenons standard today, the especially annoying 4wd's who tail you on the freeway; feels like they put their highbeams on grrrrrrrrrrr.

Some raws workshops still remove the xenons in Sydney so you have to be careful.

With importing your own car in, I'd rather search locally first and if you can't find a good one, then look into importing.

im in the same prediciment im joining the army in october and i love my R32 to bits and its been running like a dream andthen trust the boost controller to shit itself i have a R32 GTST m spec so its running a ten pound acctuator. so im running stock boost on a t3 and i just love driving it, but the other day i was sitting and thinking man i want a GTR.. and im sure most of you guys here will agree they look, sound and just pull so nicely. so i was looking up GTRs and info then i came across the info on the R34 GTR Ztune..... i found 2 that were for sale on the net. one was already sold it was in sydney and the other im awaiting info on it... and i know someone in a earlier post here said if you are going to buy a GTR get the best... needless to say the Z tune that was sold was brand new had no kms on it and went for 235k (there were only 20 of these ever made) but i looked at that price tag and i was like FffAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK that id be paying it off for way to long and i might as well buy a new GTR for a fraction of the price.

at the end of the day there will always be a rarer cooler car that comes out that you would want. and honestly in the next year or so i think a 34 gtr nur vspec 2 will suit me just fine, but ill scruitinise every single one up for grabs till i find the most perfect one

You certainly need to take your time to find the right one. This is the first Skyline i've owned, and i went through many, many cars before finding the right car that satisfied me. I am a pretty fussy person, too!

Definitely try to do some research if you find a prospective car in Australia. There were a few i was interested in that seemed like a great deal, but after searching forums and speaking to people, you can find out some history on the cars. I remember finding out that one car i was keen on had actually been resprayed - whether it was because of an accident or not, i'll never know, but things like that are deterrents.

I'm glad i was patient, because i found this immaculate car that has given me nothing but joy. Expensive as hell, but worth every cent.

You certainly need to take your time to find the right one. This is the first Skyline i've owned, and i went through many, many cars before finding the right car that satisfied me. I am a pretty fussy person, too!

Definitely try to do some research if you find a prospective car in Australia. There were a few i was interested in that seemed like a great deal, but after searching forums and speaking to people, you can find out some history on the cars. I remember finding out that one car i was keen on had actually been resprayed - whether it was because of an accident or not, i'll never know, but things like that are deterrents.

I'm glad i was patient, because i found this immaculate car that has given me nothing but joy. Expensive as hell, but worth every cent.

didnt that frustrate the shit out of you? how long did it take for you to find your car?

series 2 GTR's also have the color coded engine bays, where as the 99model series 1's dont.

That's not exactly right. Why do people post misleading info when they dont know bollocks about the cars.

Yellow, red, black, white and silver (I cant remember which silver exactly) have coded engine bays.

Blue, MP II, MP III, and some other colours have the matt black engine bay.

Edited by mxfly