SAU Community

Scammed On Ebay

I'm in the lengthy process of trying to get a refund or my GT-R seats (I received R32 GTST seats) from drifterslovenissan on eBay.

This user had low but perfect feedback when I bought the GT-R seats ($500 worth as the pic showed them to be in excellent condition) but now has very bad feedback as he continues to try and scam others.

eBay is taking action at present so I don't think anything is for sale right now but I wanted to share my experience to help others avoid a similar fate.

I've used eBay since 2003 and never had an issue, I have 100% positive feedback etc

I made the mistake of using a direct transfer to speed up the process as I wanted the seats fast for an upcoming drift day, yes my mistake and I'll wear that. Use PayPal always!

OK so the issues I have are these... (A mate of mine is a cop so I'm working with him on this too)

I'm not able to pursue criminal action as I was sent "something" so it becomes a Civil matter instead but to pursue civil action I need the correct contact details.

The phone number listed on the ebay account goes to a tafe institute in Sydney but they haven't heard of the name listed on the ebay account or the surname listed on the bank account (which shows up when you do the transfer)

The phone number listed on the con note for the seats isn't answered but has an address of 45 Cooks Ave Canterbury and the business name is called The Ultimate Riders (google street view shows a residential house at this address.

The bank account used is for an account held at the NAB in Campsie (one suburb over).

But to get proper contact info from the bank or from ebay (maybe his credit card info on paypal or ebay etc) I need police intervention but to get that it has to be a criminal matter which it isn't.

The email account listed, [email protected] is not being answered either.

The saga continues.

I'm fully aware that it was my mistake to use direct deposit so I'd appreciate if people could hold back on the "that was so stupid using direct transfer" I already know lol

I'm just hoping to help others avoid the same trap from this guy, hopefully eBay has stepped in to stop him trading as he was relisting all the same items including the seats, same pics same auction etc.

We'll see how I go but I'm doubtful of getting anything back. In related news, I have some very expensive R32 GTST seats here in pretty good condition lol

**EDIT**

These are the listed contact details

User ID:

drifterslovenissan

Name:

Peter Grinsberg

Company:

City:

Sydney

State:

New South Wales

Australia

Phone:

Taht phone number goes to OTEN at a TAFE Institude in Sydney somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up, im really sorry for the scam n id expect no1 to post a lame crude insult somehow picking on you about sending money etc as i see alot of on this site when some1 gets scammed.

Hopefully you can track it down n perhaps get the proper seats or money back although it takes a bit of work.....good luck mate n hope it dosent happen again.

always buy from traders who have 500+ sales n 99+% feedback; always use paypal and when possible: Pickup COD

Keep us updated on ur progress

-Johnny

Sorry to hear this.

I sometimes drive down Cooks Ave as a short cut to my clinic if Canterbury Rd is chokkers.

Some idiots think money means more than integrity. silly... silly...

Paypal provides insurance, I recommend pickup or paypal with anything worth serious $$$.

Although buying online always has its risks :)

My last paypal claim took 3-4weeks but I got the money back eventually, perfect feedback, low feedback, and I had the persons fullname and phone number (you can request it through ebay) it was no help.

This is happening all too often now. Paypal is the only way to go unless your able to do COD otherwise its just too easy to lose your money these days with the scum out there.

I hope you get what you paid for or better, get your money back.

Thanks for the heads up, im really sorry for the scam n id expect no1 to post a lame crude insult somehow picking on you about sending money etc as i see alot of on this site when some1 gets scammed.

Hopefully you can track it down n perhaps get the proper seats or money back although it takes a bit of work.....good luck mate n hope it dosent happen again.

always buy from traders who have 500+ sales n 99+% feedback; always use paypal and when possible: Pickup COD

Keep us updated on ur progress

-Johnny

that is a bit stupid. i have been on ebay for years and have a feedback of under 200. does that mean i'm not trustworthy or no-one should buy from me?

someone with 5000+ feedback is less likely to give a shit about someone giving them negative feedback than someone with 50 as it is going to have a bigger effect on their rating, however someone with less feedback is more likely to be a scammer.

also someone could have a high possitive feedback from buying things and then on the first time they sell something it could be a scam.

to the OP, good luck man, hope you get it sorted

Well it appears the address I have here is where the seats I received were collected from by the freight company so that's likely where he lives but turning up at his place is unlikely to resolve anything (plus im about 6hrs away) and could make matters worse (who knows what kind of low life freak he is).

I'm working on a few other things so we'll see how we go.

At the very least he's not trading right now.

that is a bit stupid. i have been on ebay for years and have a feedback of under 200. does that mean i'm not trustworthy or no-one should buy from me?

someone with 5000+ feedback is less likely to give a shit about someone giving them negative feedback than someone with 50 as it is going to have a bigger effect on their rating, however someone with less feedback is more likely to be a scammer.

also someone could have a high possitive feedback from buying things and then on the first time they sell something it could be a scam.

to the OP, good luck man, hope you get it sorted

Good point, i jst threw out a number but your right as ive been on ebay for years too n have about 179 or so feedback.

I prefer to buy from businesses with over 500 or so feedback but private traders have their exceptions.

paypal is by far the worst system out there for selling

Claims takes forever and at the end of the day, doesnt always end the right way.

I've been scammed by paypal too many times for things which were rightfully sent however customers didn't want to return the item but wanted a refund :S

However, paypal is a must when you're buying! Hypocritical as it may sound, l think most people see it the same way.

Paypal is shite. I sold something on ebay for 1k and got paid through paypal. Drew 700 (max weekly limit) to the bank and had 300 left. By the end of the week it was showing -700. Turns out the guy who bought my gear hacked someones account to pay for it and now paypal are trying to get me to pay them back. Fat chance. You owe me another $300 you thieving bastards! Claiming the safest ladeda bullshit.

I've also been on ebay for years and this was my only real trouble. Had a small problem with shoes before but that got sorted and money received back even though paid with bank deposit.

Top the OP, why didnt you buy these? They have been for sale for ages and he has 2 pairs. 270+feedback all 100% positive?

Edited by Ten Four

• 1 month later...

I actually won my last paypal refund and got my $$$ back, seller had 100% positive feedback, I even got her phone number but it appeared she had moved and disappeared...good luck with it.

Just be careful, sometimes paying extra $$$ to go through someone with a reputation is worth it, I learnt that the hard way when importing

touch wood but i have been safe using paypal so far

but i make sure i read the full advert - if they cant spell something correctly, or their images have a watermark - i stay clear

poor grammar exposes either someone foreign or who does not take pride in their sales.

i always ask lots of questions, if they are honest and are willing to help they are legit, unanswered emails, poor replies, an annoyance that you require "simple" questions to be answered...

infact i bought my fiances engagement ring online

yep all $5,500 of it!

recieved it a week later and had it valued for $6,500 with the main diamond with its own certification.

but the seller was great in answering my continual questions which gave me confidence and had a very indepth website - not some knockup.

but i have learned the hard way, have been misled by someone selling on here that i believed to be genuine. like anyting really, it has its risks.

Thankyou for bringing the dodgy dealer to everyones attention, as we have seen someone googled his name and discovered their history (albeit after purchase), i hope it eventually works its self out for you.