SAU Community

R34 Gtt Triptronic

Akis

Hi,

I have a R34 GTT with the triptronic, i bought a Power FC, i installed it, started up, did the idle learn

and went for a ride...

The car stays at some gear(3rd i think) and that's it, no triptronic and not good mixture...

What can i do about this? Except manual conversion...

Akis

Edited by Akis

It's a shame you didn't do some research before you bought it. Haven't seen you on the forums before so I'll assume you didn't know what almost everybody else does, PFC is for manual only. You need to contact Toshi, do a search.

I did searched it... but i saw that the only thing that it could be a problem where the harsh gear changes..

Today i bought a manual conversion so i guess everything wil be solved.. :down:

Thanks for answering..

Akis.

I did searched it... but i saw that the only thing that it could be a problem where the harsh gear changes..

Today i bought a manual conversion so i guess everything wil be solved.. :D

Thanks for answering..

Akis.

Harsh..more like *no* gearchanges ;) When you take out the ECU, you remove the control unit for the transmission, that's why it stays in 3rd. If you had a 25GT, it would have run just fine though, bloody Nissan.

A conversion will sort that out though ;)

Harsh..more like *no* gearchanges :) When you take out the ECU, you remove the control unit for the transmission, that's why it stays in 3rd. If you had a 25GT, it would have run just fine though, bloody Nissan.

A conversion will sort that out though :)

Is the auto trans control on a non-turbo R34 separate?

Is the auto trans control on a non-turbo R34 separate?

Yep, it's only the GTt that has the intergrated TCM.ECM the N/A has the TCM seperated, so when you take out the ECU it still has gearshift capability.

Yep, it's only the GTt that has the intergrated TCM.ECM the N/A has the TCM seperated, so when you take out the ECU it still has gearshift capability.

So how I "understand" it the non-turbo auto would be better suited to aftermarket ECUs - if that's what you intend on doing...

so an apexi powerFC would plug to an auto wiring harness? just did a manual conversion and was told powerfc wont plug upto the auto wiring harness.

It is absolutely Plug&Play. :laugh:

Finished the conversion today!! Everything is perfect!

Except one thing..

Does anyone knows what kind of bolts should i use for bolting the flywheel to engine?

Or any better bolts in ARP?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It is absolutely Plug&Play. :(

Hi Akis,

I know the thread is a little old but hopefully you may know an answer, I know of some series 1 98 skylines that have had a manual conversion using the auto loom are having problems with the plug and play PowerFC. infact its not as plug and play as we thought, problems with the TCS, Engine light and Aircon compressor. Any idea's why we'd be having such issues?

Cheers

TCS and engine lighl and also Slip are on because the Power FC doesn't co-operate with the TCS so check engine is on. That's what happened with mine. I do not need the TCS.. i think it is better to have the control by yourself.. ;)

About the aircon compressor i havent noticed anything..

For the engine light i think there is a solution..

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi akis i would appreciate any help you can give, am desperate. looking for the part # for an r34 rb25de neo

transmission ecu and also if i can get a picture of the connector to that ecu, thanks in advance.

Augustin.