SAU Community

Digital Tv Tuners

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - Chris, my reception drops if I stop at traffic light... as soon as I get moving it's nice...

not what you expected?

is it worth putting 2 aerials into each tuner (a total of 4 aerials on twin tuner unit) ?

and very distractive to watch to while driving, very dangerous too...

unless it's just background noise e.g. ABC news in which you can just close down the monitor and just listen to it...

but at least my mrs use it once to watch her fav show when we're on the way home so she don't have to miss it.

LOL - Chris, my reception drops if I stop at traffic light... as soon as I get moving it's nice...

not what you expected?

is it worth putting 2 aerials into each tuner (a total of 4 aerials on twin tuner unit) ?

Actually, thinking about it the M35 as factory spec may have 4 antenna. There are 4 leads that are brought into pairs when wiring into the local tuner so this may be why my reception is so good.

That was scorp's car (Sam). I was talking to him about the antennas, he said his reception did not really improve from the original one antenna option. The two antennas were not done by Chris Rogers, it was done here in Melbourne, but I believe the initial installation was done by Chris. He was just sourcing for ways to get better reception.

That's right... the one antenna didn't really have good reception except if I was in close proximity to a tv relay station/antenna. The duel antenna (installed on either side of the car on the rear windows) improved it slightly but I would say it only picks up in 40% of areas.

IMHO, the first thing you have to ask yourself before installing is if you're going to really use it or just want it as a wag factor... I probably wouldn't have installed it if I thought about it. Since installing I only use it to watch the news occasionally or stuck at a wedding/ family function and want to watch some sport :P

that said, it will only worth it if you spend a lot of time in your car...

or for a wag factor

more worth it in sedan or anything with back seat and you have additional monitors at the back of headrest or roof mounted.

To keep the back seat passenger or kids entertained on long trips.

for me I don't see it as only a little addition so kind of "why not?"... :thumbsup:

I love having it in the car.

I am ofter driving home around 6pm so it is good to here the news and if something interesting is on I will flick the screen up. (with the car stopped of course).

not what you expected?

not really. the OEM analog did that and its still not a perfect solution.

as for your reception I'm going to check that when I get the car.

• 3 months later...

Suppose to, but if you know which wire to cut/trip then...

but in anyway if you get caught watching TV while driving = huge fine

also even if you don't get fine, I found it's very distracting. The best you can do is to shut down the screen (close it down)

and just listen to the sound, which will only work with news tv channel such as ABC or listening to some sport commentator over a match , e.g. on One HD.

any other than that that involves moving pictures it's totally recommended against unless you wanna hit something and ruin your day (and your license)

hmmm so to make my tv work i should just get on of these dvb-t tuners installed? - something like this....http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mobile-Digital-TV-Receiver-Box-DVB-T-for-Car-Boat-Home_W0QQitemZ9735304434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item24444f4f2

....?

also another newbie thing to mention, i cant seem to find maybe cuz im really out of it today, but can anyone link info on how to make the dvd work or posts on the dvd section, thanks.

althought i am yet to get antennae for my new double din, i find watching Two & A Half Men (more listening than watching to be honest) while driving kills the peak hour boredom and also puts a smile on my face....

Mine is all wired up to be fully functional while driving (except tv doesnt work due to no antennae)....I may post a pic of the double din when i get a chance...most of u who come to the 5/12/09 Melb cruise will see it also...Still got a pooh-load of things to do to the car in terms of adding more mods to it, but have no time to even wash my V35 lately...