SAU Community

M35 Bose Cd Player Issue Cd Err Fo

scottnothing

So i was on the cruse back from Sydney today and went to eject a CD. when I did it made some noises and then showed the following screen.

post-62319-1249284229_thumb.jpg

Now it wont eject any of the CD's.

Has anyone seen or experianced this before and how do you fix it.

Or, am i farked?

Cheers,

Mine did that to me when I disconnected the battery to install the steering wheel controls. When I reconnected the battery and went to test the steering wheel control I noticed that it had that error message.

To fix mine, I kept turning the Power button on the unit on/off. After about 1 hour of doing this if fixed it's self. The only thing I was doing was turning it on, listening for the mechanism to power up amd start moving, when I could not here it moving any more I would turn it off for a couple of minutes.

I think I was lucky but worth a try.

Cheers

Andy

F0 = mech jammed. as a last resort = pull battery, wait, reconnect. wait for the unit to start up and press eject. if it spits the disc out - great. if not pull the unit and send it to me. have $650 handy.

the F3 error - in your case - spindle motor is dying. no spin = no data = F3. theres a variety of things that cause F3.

F0 , switches,guides, gears. most of these mechs are a writeoff when they jam. the whole thing tends to destroy itself.