SAU Community

Help Plz

Danny_Bro

Need help with My R33 GTS-T , I put on a K&N Pod with adapter and Blitz BOV blocked the other one off and hooked everythin else up and now on low revs itll stall and was running a bit rough on idle then ran fine after a couple seconds , what could it be ?? I was thinkin maybe it needs a tune ?? any help is appreciated thx .

DannyBro Bro. Our cars have Air Flow metres. We need plumb back items. Vent to Atmosphere are no good on deceleration of when we let go of the trottle as the AFM detects no plumb back air from the BOV and so the ECU runs rich to protect the motor hence momentarily flooding it and almost and if not stalling the engine.

The POD is fine.

Yes pretty much because as I mentioned earlier. The ECU does not see air returning to the AFM when you let go of the throttle so it dumps fuel momentarily into the engine to protect it.

An aftermarket Plum Back BOV will do the job too. Get a dual venting one if you want the PSSHHHT Noise. Vents to Atmo and some back to the intake .

I was under the impression that only the Djetro version of the power fc did away with using afm's?

personally I'd get a plumb back that also vents some, I had one on my old R34 gtt i think it was a hks ssqv if not then it was a copy

while it doesn't sound quite the same as a full atmo (I actually prefer it) it does the job right and you still get that venting sound.