SAU Community

Wat Is The Max Psi?

totally depends on the setup.

I know some cars running over 20psi no drama's. Again though, its all subjective to the setup, how much restriction, lack there of, etc etc etc.

Power sounds about right for a good build

I'm running these and boost peaks at about 22psi.

How much power were you puttin down?? is it on a rebuilt engine?? mine atm is on stock internals so after the rebuild hks 2.8lt stroker was curious to know if i could acheive better power through more boost.

Hmmm... dont put a 2.8ltr and use -7/-9's IMO.

You use the -5's and go for the 400rwkw marker to do justice to the expense that is 2.8ltrs, otherwise if you are going the smaller turbos stick with 2.6ltrs :)

That's just my personal thought. It would be a very responsive 2.8ltr with -7s, but i just dont think the cost justifies the end

My R32 GTR has the -7 and is putting out about 330rwkw @ 20psi. It runs a max of 22psi but i don't have a power figure on that, but it does feel much more powerful on 22psi.. Stock internals also.

My R32 GTR has the -7 and is putting out about 330rwkw @ 20psi. It runs a max of 22psi but i don't have a power figure on that, but it does feel much more powerful on 22psi.. Stock internals also.

Nice yeah mine around 340rwkw at 19psi so was curious wat i could make, how much difference do you think it made?? ccause i rebuildin the 26 an not sure weather to keep the twins??

what do you use the car for? twins are there to reduce lag and kep some sort of mid-range torque. If it is a street car or track day weapon i would run twins, if its a drag car that you drive on the street once a month put a big single on it.

Nice yeah mine around 340rwkw at 19psi so was curious wat i could make, how much difference do you think it made?? ccause i rebuildin the 26 an not sure weather to keep the twins??

I dunno why people still have the idea that a -7 turbo is a good upgrade. The -9 turbo is better in EVERY way. It's much newer, a lot more efficient, has same spool-up and makes a fair bit more power. Too many ppl think the -7 is the Garrett equivalent to the GT-SS but it's the -9 that's the GT-SS. The -7 should be discontinued.

Edited by bradsm87

I dunno why people still have the idea that a -7 turbo is a good upgrade. The -9 turbo is better in EVERY way. It's much newer, a lot more efficient, has same spool-up and makes a fair bit more power. Too many ppl think the -7 is the Garrett equivalent to the GT-SS but it's the -9 that's the GT-SS. The -7 should be discontinued.

Was looking into this the other day trying to make sense of sizing/capabilities but it is very hard to find a listing for both in the same place... Any more opinions???

(this could get intersting...)

Very simple:

On your current setup, put it on the Dyno and push the turbos to the point where they stop producing more power.

I.e if you push 330RWKW at 21PSI then you push 22PSI and it still produces 330RWKWs then you know the turbos have reached their efficiency. Like Nismoid said before, it all depends on your specific setup.