SAU Community

Got A Stag - And Few Questions!

adey88

Hi All,

Just purchased a 1999 RS4 in grey with 62000 on the clock. Pretty impressed with the car so far besides the fact that I didnt get one with leather and a sun roof! :banana:

I have 2 questions (I couldnt find the answer in a search)...

1. Can somebody please post a pic of the location of the rear TV tuner with the RCA Inputs (for the Xanavi head unit) - I spent 30 minutes ripping the boot trimmings out before giving up!

2. Has anybody retro fitted HID lights into the S2 housing? I know the Xeonon lights are removed during compliance but they dont seem to have the projectors which HID lights use right?

Also want to mention that there was heaps of useful infomation on there forums which infulenced me to get the stagea - so far I havent been disappointed!

Adrian.

gday mate

ur after a h1 HID drop in kit for you lights. i recomend 6000k for street every day driving.. just so you dont get pulled up by cops.

my rca's were crammed in behind the ECU (passenger foot well on the right behind that kickpanel)

chef.

hi adrian, what neck of the woods do you hail from?

if you look in the for sale section you will see that adam (chef_stagea) is selling a full leather interior so you need not worry about missing out on buying a car with it - just snap his up!

i don't have xanavi in mine, but i believe it is in the drivers side trim in the boot

and you can buy plenty of aftermarket HID kits that will drop straight into the standard headlight housings, alternatively buy a set of factory xenons that aren't modified and swap them in

ur after a h1 HID drop in kit for you lights. i recomend 6000k for street every day driving.. just so you dont get pulled up by cops.

actually youll be after a D2R 'kit' as you said they were already removed for compliance. just remove the H1 'converter' and replace the wiring. its entirely possible that they left the ballast there and all the wiring so you might only need to buy a paur of burners and put them in!

hey guys thanks for the feedback...im getting mixed messages about the tuner inputs so ill check the drivers side boot and passenger footwell this weekend, its really startung to shit me i cant find it!!

I retro fitted HID's into my old bmw e36 but that had the ballast (circular glass bit inside the headlamp to get the cutoff so oncoming traffic is not blinded)... Dont you need those bits? Anybody got a pic of their HID setup??

BTW im from Sydney area.

truth be known man there isnt much to see in a pic. i stashed my balasts in the front 1/4 panel. then on the side of the headlight where they go stock. a good douible sided tape will do the job. trust me get a h1 kit. cheap and easy to do. just cut the wiring job compliance did... posative negative... mount the balast. and plug in the globe. its easy as. no f**kin with fuses/relays they may have played with... mine were no chance of revival. me and kidafa are in syd for a day mon the 15th if u really need help lol.

leather to syd may be an option soon if i find a jet ski. (will drive over to get it) leave that for pm tho :P

truth be known man there isnt much to see in a pic. i stashed my balasts in the front 1/4 panel. then on the side of the headlight where they go stock. a good douible sided tape will do the job. trust me get a h1 kit. cheap and easy to do. just cut the wiring job compliance did... posative negative... mount the balast. and plug in the globe. its easy as. no f**kin with fuses/relays they may have played with... mine were no chance of revival. me and kidafa are in syd for a day mon the 15th if u really need help lol.

leather to syd may be an option soon if i find a jet ski. (will drive over to get it) leave that for pm tho :P

leather to syd may be an option soon if i find a jet ski. (will drive over to get it) leave that for pm tho :(

sorry guys im a retard - Im referring to the projector NOT ballast - as mentioned before Ive retrofitted them in my old car and its really easy... Im only concerned about the factory headlight not having a HID projector which will direct the light (for the oncoming traffic)!!

In regards to the leather seats i ill pass 4 now - they look good and all as funds are limited (babys on the way) I would really like to sort out the handling side of things ... thinking to source some eibach springs which i heard are pretty smooth

nooooo!!\

in all honesty, keep stock springs

it'd be shock bodies you'd be after, ie Bilstein struts.

Bilstein shocks with stock springs and Whiteline swaybars / bushes -= massive f**ken win

glhf with bubs, nice 1

Second what Tangles said about the suspension. I've got the full suspension upgrade with the standard springs and its great. Its firm, yet still compliant enough. The adjustment on the Bilsteins helps to get the ride height spot on. Its good.

If your mileage is anywhere near genuine just get a heavier rear sway bar and save up for the Bilsteins. Stock springs will be OK.

thanks for the suggestions guys - Ive got quoted 250 each for the swaybars - was thinking to do the rear first and the front later...

On a seperate note I just installed the Pioneer DVH-P4150UB Head Unit with DVD out to the factory Xanavi screen - Im pretty impressed with the picture (seems a good buy since it was under $400) just need to work out how to over-ride the screen turning off when driving!