SAU Community

Aem F/ic-8 Piggyback Ecu

Tangles

Hi

I am buying a AEM F/IC-8, new but ebay 2ndhand, for $350USD delivered.

Usually around $750USD delivered.

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=116

FEATURES

Injector Channels

Advanced Injector Load Simulation & Filtering

Timing Channels (Cam + Crank) 5

High/Low Voltage Selectable MAG-Driver Outputs

TPS Input

MAP Sensor (Onboard)

MAP (0-5v Intercept)

MAF (0-5v Intercept)

Frequency Based Flow Meter Support *

Speedometer Recalibrator *

o2 Sensor Remapping

External AFR Input

Generic 0-5v Remappers 2

Boost Controller (Requires AEM 30-2400 Solenoid)

IAT Logging Input

PC Datalogging

Internal Logging Memory 2 Mb

VTEC Output/Control/+12V Switched Output

http://tunertools.com/prodimages/AEM/manua...30-1910_FIC.pdf

http://tunertools.com/prodimages/AEM/manua...for_30-1910.pdf

It runs a map system for fuel:air, ignition timing, and injector duties.

21 x 17 maps, for these 3^, via laptop tuning.

that should be an Excellent scope of tuning for an automatic RB25 to reach 265rwkw

Query : Does anyone use the AEM F/IC? Or have they seen it being tuned?

Looks pretty good, and should do the trick to run aftermarket bigger injectors (S15 JDM 450cc), as well as allow a much better 02:fuel / Ingn.Timing tune due to the map size, over a conventional piggyback setup such as SAFC + SITC

By the way I have a Toshi tuned ROM ECU chip but cant afford a new chip tune, same price buys this AEM F/IC-8 so Im going this way.

Anyone have any thoughts?

OVERVIEW

The F/IC gives users with OBD-II race vehicles and non-factory forced induction systems the ability to retard ignition and deliver accurate amounts of fuel without the need for outdated FMUs or “boost hiding” controllers. This system works parallel to the factory ECU preventing tuning limitations due to complex factory timing patterns. 21x17 maps with configurable load and RPM breakpoints are easily accessed with the F/IC's Windows-based tuning software. The F/IC draws power from PC USB interface for quick and easy calibration changes.

PRECISE FUEL DELIVERY

The F/IC intercepts the signal to the stock injectors, allowing the user to modify pulse-width by +/-100%. The F/IC is among the only piggy-back systems that can decrease injector pulse-width, allowing the user to drive larger aftermarket injectors* while still maintaining proper air / fuel ratios. This powerful system can also tap into the factory injector signal and work independently to drive up to six (6) additional injectors.

TIMING RETARD CONTROL

The F/IC can retard timing from the factory system based on engine RPM and load inputs. This is achieved by intercepting and delaying the outputs from the cam and crank position sensors to the engine- with no adverse affect on applications equipped with variable cam timing.

SENSOR CALIBRATION & CONTROL

The F/IC can also be used to recalibrate / clamp the MAF sensor, eliminating common problems with non-boosted factory MAFs. The on-board MAP sensor allows for proper fueling in boosted conditions.

CAN-BUS SYSTEMS NOT AFFECTED

Since the F/IC works in conjunction with the factory ECU, late model-vehicles equipped with a CAN-BUS system retain functionality of climate controls, dash and other components on the network.

I use AEM stand alone ECUs and Love them, Downside is their way to complex for most Tuners.

Never used your setup but judging the Full ECUs Id think it will be great if you have a good tuner.

best advertising to say why not to get one right there!

The AEM standalone is a good computer.

I have it on my turbo honda S2000. It's very userfriendly.

MD tuned a couple of s2k with the AEM ecu.

The AEM F/IC piggyback is still in the work and "had" a lot of issues for some cars.

I have not look at it for some time and I am not up to date with this unit.

They might have sorted out the issues but it is still a piggy back unit and for the price, why not shop around for a used Emanage Ultimate.

no issues with the ecu, dont know the first thing about it. a great feature list is great if you need those features

just be wary how many people can tune it and if its plug and play or mange your loom install

if theres only 1 or 2 workshops who can work / tune it and you dont like their pricing, waiting lists, service etc, you got nothing

its the same as HKS FCON and some of the other high end ECU's

sure awesome, does everything, top of range. 1 tuner. awesome

no issues with the ecu, dont know the first thing about it. a great feature list is great if you need those features

just be wary how many people can tune it and if its plug and play or mange your loom install

if theres only 1 or 2 workshops who can work / tune it and you dont like their pricing, waiting lists, service etc, you got nothing

its the same as HKS FCON and some of the other high end ECU's

sure awesome, does everything, top of range. 1 tuner. awesome

this car is a 20yr keeper, so its all good in this instance.

windows-based tuning, maps of fuel, ignition & injector pulse shouldnt be rocket science, and software is readily available

awaiting a $120 ebay-special 2ndhand laptop which will reside in the car, for tuning.

I imagine over time I'll be fiddling with settings myself, and my current mechanic is more than competent

• 3 years later...

Been faultless since installing. A good option as a piggyback if you've got access to a great tuner.

Will finally do a power tune mid year with the forged bottom end.