SAU Community

Boost

falky929

i have a boost controller on my car i have it set at the lowest boost setting which is 10psi and stays on 10psi most of the the time till it starts to revs really hard 7000+ revs it boosts up to 11.9 psi does any one no why its doin it. it is a r32 gst pretty much stock

Probably cause your ecu is trying to protect the motor! Stock turbo can't go past 13, at 14 it will blow the turbo. U got a pretty cheap controller? hence the spikes!

Probably run a few more mod- cooler and turbo back exhaust if u wanna run more than 10, then your ecu needs to be changed or remapped.

U will find the highest boost on redline gear 3!

Probably cause your ecu is trying to protect the motor! Stock turbo can't go past 13, at 14 it will blow the turbo. U got a pretty cheap controller? hence the spikes!

Probably run a few more mod- cooler and turbo back exhaust if u wanna run more than 10, then your ecu needs to be changed or remapped.

ok, the turbo won't blow the moment you hit 14psi. i was running my stock turbo on my 33 at 14/15psi for a year and never had an issue. i know people who have run up to 16psi and not had an issue.

as for the ecu stopping it from going any higher, that isn't right either. the ecu has protections in it, but it won't magically stop it going any higher. you can go higher but it will start throwing tantrums. without knowing your setup i couldn't say why it isn't boosting any higher than 13psi. if you still have a stock exhaust then that would explain it, or if you still have a stock cooler, that could also be a contributing factor. or it could be a problem with the controller.

Yeah as mentioned above your ecu wont control boost. your turbo won't blow at exactly 14, could blow at 12 or could last years at 15 it's always a gamble.

Gizzmo controller is not a cheap unit and is a quality bit of gear so i wouldn't worry about that.

the advice to run bigger exhaust and cooler is spot on it never hurts to have more cooling and flow.

Yeah as mentioned above your ecu wont control boost. your turbo won't blow at exactly 14, could blow at 12 or could last years at 15 it's always a gamble.

Gizzmo controller is not a cheap unit and is a quality bit of gear so i wouldn't worry about that.

the advice to run bigger exhaust and cooler is spot on it never hurts to have more cooling and flow.

its got a frount mount and a cat back exzaust allready on it

Your probably running out of a lot of things, fuel, turbo, spark even.

Try getting your fuel pressure checked, regapping your plugs to 0.8, check your wastegate setting, turbo size?, dump system?

My thought anyway.

just got a brand new walbro fuel pump dont think it would be that

just got a brand new walbro fuel pump dont think it would be that

Did you run a separate earth? fi you just replaced your pump and the car is playing up, I'd start there.

PS did it do this before you replaced the pump?