SAU Community

Reputable Dealer in Perth ? Where did you get YOUR car ?

ix9

Just a quick idea, who here has had GOOD dealings with a particular dealer ? can anyone recommend someone in Perth.

Melville Auto Imports have decent prices for Skylines.

and I've been told to watch out for a few.

and WHO has the best prices on imports ?

I am trading my car in, so this may limit me to a few regular dealers, instead of going to an import dealer..

Help would be appreciated. i dont want to get ripped off...

-Kym.

Kymbo,

I got my car from Melville Auto Imports 1.5 years ago....... They seemed ok..... as far as a 2nd hand car dealer can be......

I got a little bit ripped....

93 R33 GTST stock as a rock (except TT and GTR wing) 75,000km $21,800

Im happy with the car so far....... No major problems.....had a few slight hiccups like the stereo not working and the fuel door no opening but Melville Auto Imports fixed them up for me no dramas.

They really tried to push the 91'ish Supras though.....think they had too many in stock at the time :cool:

Anyways hope this helps Kymbo....

Ben

ps I think InitialD is talking about selling his beast (err his car that is)

Ok rules for this thread will be as follows ( and yes to to cover our arses legally) if you want to Warn kym about a particular place pm him there name and what happened. If you want to post what happened do so but do not use the companies name or the post will be deleted. got it :cool: :uh-huh: good.

now kymbo Melville Auto Imports are good the older guy is very nice quite helpful. the reason they pust the mk3 supra so much is that they are the place in the Country allowed to import them and there not so popular anymore considering the price of the GTST.

I got my car from Cannington Auto Imports, I had no problem and the car hasn't had any problems

Then i'd say look at C-red, Geoff is very helpful and the cars are top notch. You just have to be patient as Geoff is a busy man. btw they have two very nice mildly modded White series 2's on a boat atm well sell for about $29,900

Originally posted by MrSnrub

93 R33 GTST stock as a rock (except TT and GTR wing) 75,000km $21,800

Cheers Benny Boy!

Yours came with sunroof too tho ?

Did they organize finance or you did ?

Originally posted by GTS-4OrCeD

Kym if you are after a r32, mine is for sale

Sorry dude.. I'm after a whale....

Hopefully pick up a lightly modded 95 in WHITE or SILVER with a sunroof for $22k ??

Gotta have a GTR wing too, although I can add that on later...

.. just scoping prices too.. what you think my chances are ?

Yep i got my car from Melville Autos too.

Kevin (older guy) was pretty good, as the rest have said he will still look after you after he sold you the car. I got one of the MkIII's in question as he had a heap at the time and you could see he wanted to get rid of a few before the import laws came in. He threw in a alarm, and gave me a few hundred off.

I had a brake and shock problem when i took it home and he was happy(well kinda) to fix it and now its good as new. No problems with it yet and i have done like 10,000ks on it.

Originally posted by Strich9ine

Cheers Benny Boy!

Yours came with sunroof too tho ?

Did they organize finance or you did ?

Oh yeah and a sunroof.... and ABS which i have been told is a bit rare for a series 1.

Yeah defiantly go the GTR rear wind it makes a difference I reckon.

Nah I just got a personal loan throught the Commonwealth bank so I didn't need finance.

You can also buy a 3 year warrantly off of them for about $400 i think..... I was stupid and didn't get it but he said i could come back anytime and get it....... 1.5years later its probably too late :cool: Anyways warranty is probably void since i have modded it a bit.

Ben

Originally posted by Strich9ine

Sorry dude.. I'm after a whale....

Hopefully pick up a lightly modded 95 in WHITE or SILVER with a sunroof for $22k ??

Gotta have a GTR wing too, although I can add that on later...

.. just scoping prices too.. what you think my chances are ?

I've got the 95 burgundy, manual, sunroof, lowered had 43,000 when i bought it 10 months ago (pretty sure legit kms) no Gtr wing but nice front bumper girll and side skirts for $25,000 of c-red. Jeff Ash was real good but he is a busy man as mentioned!

93 model will prob be the best bet for yaat the price you want... also try geoff risbey personal imports! i have seen some LOVELY skylines comin through!! not to mention a WILD 180sx with HUGE fenders over the tyres!! kinda looks a bit out of place though in WA.

Originally posted by adam 32

statewide!!!!

thats it. they had that cool spec 2 with FMIC etc a while ago... the may even still have it!

had gold rims? I drove that one..... what a BEAST!!!...

locked diff, FMIC, Boost controller, TEIN sus. (rock hard) ceramic clutch....

200+rwkw apparently...

Whilst on the subject of buying Skylines, doeas anyone else think the following is a rip off?

1995 R33 GTST (series 1)

30,000km :lol:

3" Turbo back exhaust

Tein suspension - lowered

17" Volk Racing wheels

$32,000!!!

I met a guy last night with the above...... And thats what he paid. Talk about ripped off!!!

He bought it from a caryard in Cannington (pm me for name). I tried to tell him he got ripped but i thought i shouldn't as I didnt want him to feel bad hehe.

i get my cars from Cannington Autohouse [dont disregard them before dealing with them], there abit expensive but do bring in some fine examples ... if anyone remembers my silver s2 r33` which was a TRUE grade 4 import, not a scratch, the only problem i had was a slightly worn clutch ... my r34 is also from there and runs without a glitch`

i think Statewide and Melville Auto Imports are also reputable dealers`

Jason ...