SAU Community

Gt Race Car

tacker

yeh, i kind of know the feeling of sitting in the cabin with the overwhelming scream which you just cant seem to get enough of. Had a little wheel spin moment of my own last outing and spun the engine a little hard lol, i think turning the rpm down is a good idea as they dont like being turned too hard. Still cant imagine the sound of the big cuber at 6200.

Ohh no mate we made the first round! not without issues but we made it. LOL was a laugh considering we only had 2 gear changes per lap due to 3rd gear not working, still finished 7th out of 17 so not so bad.

The crew are quite chuffed considering it was only the purchased parts that let us down.

Big old thank you to Steve Bijok and Heltec, Captain Blair Brownlee, Bernard B Bear Mclintock, Julian, Big Fred who has about the most impressive collection of cars i have every heard about and Jon from DXB racing ( who by the way are our competitors with another ACR viper but helped us out more times than i can count in true spirt of club racers ) and the crew from Axis for the body work and for putting up with me grumpin around telling every one to say away while i wired it. ohh and nearly forgot Spence and missus Spence for corrupting Spanna the work shop dog and turning him into a sooky lar lar with their sauage rolls and home made sangers.

And its 8.3 litre and spins to 6200 :-) you would not believe what its like to drive very different to the old girl. Surprisingly it really wants to make more power at the red line, last 2000 rpm it just launches and sitting between the exhausts it sounds like its doing about 19,000 rpm enough to make your ears bleed!

But man are they a tough old engine we broke a piston ring land on the practice before the race meeting it was about 60mm long and 20mm wide and the compression ring due to the intake temp we think as it was stupidly high. But we have changed the entire ducting for radiator discharge so hope that will correct that. But hats off to the old girl we turned the the rpm down to 5600 using 4th and fifth gear and still put it on p4 only 1.5 second off the new calloway corvette. Removed the head to check before the 45 minute race, which was less than an hour from start to finish and it was still hanging in there. And the result you know even as i said with 2 gears and 9 pistons lol.

look out when the sequential gearbox is fitted and we have a true 450 rwhp and 800 odd nm of torque. Then we will play.

post-20078-1257796564_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been a while since last post but car is again set to run.

We are the support race for the V8 supers in Abu Dharbi on the 19 / 20th

Ran sequential box last time out and what a difference that made. Anyone coming over for that race :-)