SAU Community

Disabling Rb25det Vct In An R32 Possible Solution?

TRB-001

Putting this question to the masters on here.

If i was to do the rb30det build with a rb25det head and put it into a r32, to disable VCT and solve the oil supply to the front journal problem, can i simply not plug in the vct soleniod and replace the intake cam and cam gear with a rb20det intake cam and gear?

i have read and searched for months and come across 2 common methods which work well but either require drilling of the head or external oil feeds. If the VCT works by supplying oil thru the cam, thru fins in the gear which push the gear slightly in relation to the cam thus altering timing....wouldnt it be easier to fit the rb20det cam and gear and disconnect the solenoid?

am i overlooking something? will this work?

thanks for the heads up, ill talk to my tuning guy and see how we go with that....

sorry i overlooked the whole supplying oil to the head that has now been welded up part of it.....

so forget the original question, has anyone used these window switches and does it work well?

Edited by TRB-001

thanks for the heads up, ill talk to my tuning guy and see how we go with that....

sorry i overlooked the whole supplying oil to the head that has now been welded up part of it.....

so forget the original question, has anyone used these window switches and does it work well?

so once you welded up the oil feed for the vct do you still need to supply oil to it?

and if you are using stand alone tuning software does the vct still work?

well from wot i can tell, and trust me not many pl have been clear on this...

wen u weld up the oil gallery in the head it stops oil coming up to the vct solenoid thus preventing it from working. u need to supply another feed sumhow (externally or the drill method) to get oil to the front cam journal or else it will starve and fail. that is how iv read it but i could be wrong....

if uv got the oil there and the loom/ecu has the ability to run vct then u can still run it.... problem is the r32 wiring loom has no plug for it and the computer cant run it on its own....

well from wot i can tell, and trust me not many pl have been clear on this...

wen u weld up the oil gallery in the head it stops oil coming up to the vct solenoid thus preventing it from working. u need to supply another feed sumhow (externally or the drill method) to get oil to the front cam journal or else it will starve and fail. that is how iv read it but i could be wrong....

if uv got the oil there and the loom/ecu has the ability to run vct then u can still run it.... problem is the r32 wiring loom has no plug for it and the computer cant run it on its own....

So if you are not running VCT you do not need to supply oil to the VCT?

and if you are using a stand alone tuning software would your VCT still work the same as long as you have the vct loom hooked up

I know what you mean I am trying my best to research this stuff on my own but it would help if there were more info on this stuff so I could understand it more

if your computer had a VCT function and the wiring u use has the plug and wires to the comp, then yeah u can use it providing u supply oil to that gallery.

u need to supply oil there regardless to lubricate the front cam journal.... this is the confusing part becoz sume things i read contradict others.... :S

if your computer had a VCT function and the wiring u use has the plug and wires to the comp, then yeah u can use it providing u supply oil to that gallery.

u need to supply oil there regardless to lubricate the front cam journal.... this is the confusing part becoz sume things i read contradict others.... :S

Oh thanks that clear lots up for me. So either way I need to get oil there.