SAU Community

2530's dynoed today

markr34gtr

had my r34 gtr dynoed today with hks 2530 turbos.

at 1.00bar boost made 249rwks.

it was running a bit lean even when we tried to screw the fuel pressure up . but no joy..

we think the fuel pump could be out off puff.????

also could be the mines ecu playing up.or air flow metres out of resolution.

we only revved it to 6800rpm in 4 th gear so we think theres heaps more power left.

also the hks standard actuators seem only to hold about 1.3 bar boost with my blitz id 3 controller. will the heavy duty hks ones do the job.?????

i think a apexi pfc pro ecu , hks 280lt fuel pump should help ..

what do you guys think..????

is it possible to disconnect the plumb back bov and vent the to outside air.

seems to be a fair bit of oil blow back into the turbo inlets..

the car had no oil catch tank when i bought it and has 13000ks so could just be old oil build up...

cheers.

1. Check that the standard bov/s are not leaking.

2. Get someone to watch the ignition timing from a timing gun. The only problem with this is some guns have hopeless shielding and cause all sorts of misfiring problems.

3. As long as the a/f ratio hovers around 12:1 or richer then no need to worry.

Keep us posted :D

Hi Mark, the standard GTR pump is 190 litres per hour and supports 420 bhp at standard pressure. That's around 265 rwkw, so I would say you have run out of fuel pump capacity.

I would however check the fuel filter as you would be surprised how many times that is the cause of premature leanness.

We use a lot of Bosch 044 pumps, they are 330 litres per hour and support 730 bhp at 73.5 PSI. They are way cheaper (about half the rpice) of an HKS pump, which is only a Bosch 975 with HKS stickers on it, in a HKS box.

The standard 65 mm GTR AFM's have resolution up to 300 rwkw, so I doubt that is the problem.

I personally have not had good experiences with Mines ECU's, in fact this applies to all pre-programmed (chipped) ECU's. I have no idea why, the atmospheric conditions are not too dissimilar and the fuel (98 vs 100) is not significant. But they all display several unfavourable characteristics somewhere in their fuel and ignition maps.

Lastly, a question for you, why are you favouring a Power FC Pro over a standard Power FC?

Hope that is of some help.

Originally posted by Sydneykid

Hi Mark, the standard GTR pump is 190 litres per hour and supports 420 bhp at standard pressure.  That's around 265 rwkw, so I would say you have run out of fuel pump capacity.

I would however check the fuel filter as you would be surprised how many times that is the cause of premature leanness.

We use a lot of Bosch 044 pumps, they are 330 litres per hour and support 730 bhp at 73.5 PSI.   They are way cheaper (about half the rpice) of an HKS pump, which is only a Bosch 975 with HKS stickers on it, in a HKS box.

The standard 65 mm GTR AFM's have resolution up to 300 rwkw, so I doubt that is the problem.

I personally have not had good experiences with Mines ECU's, in fact this applies to all pre-programmed (chipped) ECU's.  I have no idea why, the atmospheric conditions are not too dissimilar and the fuel (98 vs 100) is not significant.  But they all display several unfavourable characteristics somewhere in their fuel and ignition maps.

Lastly, a question for you, why are you favouring a Power FC Pro over a standard Power FC?

Hope that is of some help.

Hmmm this puzzles me as my 34 GTR had 241 rwkw before i fitted 2530's and then 295 rwkw after 2530's hks maniflods and greddy plenum...i have a remapped SIFT ecu and the fuel graph seemed ok on the readout but i really think after i fit all the hks internals i will need to fit the power fc that i have and up grade the fuel pump....as far as i know i i have a standard pump...the dyno my car could have been out although i went to 2 diffrent places...what do you think sydney kid?

just checked my air flow meters. they seem to have a bit of oil on them from the bov plumb back system.

might have to pull the intercooler out and bov plumb pack pipes and clean them up.

the car has 14000klms and never had a oil catch tank. and was running 1.2 bar boost with standard turbos when i bought it...

i re gapped the plugs to .8mm. and need to get some ngk bcpr7eix-11 plugs.

hard to find here.. might have to import some over....

looked at the nismo fuel pump 280lt/hour at 3bar for 500bucks.

should be a direct fit i hope.?????

see how it goes after i clean the oil up......and re dyno it.

just checked my air flow meters. they seem to have a bit of oil on them from the bov plumb back system."

You have the BOV plumbed back before the AFM's? That's not right, they should be between the turbo's and the AFM's.

"might have to pull the intercooler out and bov plumb pack pipes and clean them up."

We use kero and metho mixed 50/50, works a treat.

"the car has 14000klms and never had a oil catch tank. and was running 1.2 bar boost with standard turbos when i bought it..."

You not blow/use oil at 14,000 k's.

"i re gapped the plugs to .8mm. and need to get some ngk bcpr7eix-11 plugs.

hard to find here.. might have to import some over...."

Good choice, same plug as we use.

"looked at the nismo fuel pump 280lt/hour at 3bar for 500bucks.

should be a direct fit i hope.?????

That's very expensive for a Bosch pump. Read previous post.

Hope that helps

i ordered the nismo pump 280 lt/hour. think its a denso brand direct fit. i hope.

pulled the cooler out and all plumb back pipes and cleaned them...

the cooler was pretty clean. the bov return pipes had a bit of oil build up in them.

ordered a normal power fc and hand controller ....300zx meters also.

also on the way is hks type r intercooler...

been lookin at those new ATS carbon twin plate clutches...what they like.????

or ogura twin plate....

cheers...

Mark, good choice on the fuel pump, same one I put in my car.. You and I are going to have very similar mods by the looks of it... I've currently got 421hp at all 4 wheels on 1.25bar so an R34 should get more than that due to age... Good luck and keep us updated..

Sydneykid, I don't think the Nismo pumps are exactly the same as Bosch ones as you can't direct fit an 044 into an R33 GTR without a heap of work whereas a Nismo 280ltr drops straight in...

Brett

My mistake sorry... :P

I had to go on 'expert' advice and was told by numerous people that no decent bosch pump would straight fit into my GTR. I didn't want to go with surge tanks etc and with the $220 I got for my stock pump it only cost me $320 which is around 044 pricing without the hassles... :)

I know an 044 fits an R32 GTR, not sure about an R34 though, do you???

Mark, what price have you been given for Nissan 300zx AFMs? Mine cost me $440 each brand new delivered to my door and they are covered by Nissan Aus for the 12 month warranty... How much are the Bosch ones?? And will the PFC like them? Can you just pick Z32 out of the list for the Bosch ones??