SAU Community

Manual Conversion

hey,

i was just after some info on getting an maunal conversion done to my automatic r33..

the more info i can get on prices and what i need the better =]

thank you all for your help =]

I think converting to manual is to expensive, i would sell the auto and just buy a manual r33.

whys that? is it seriously that expensive? :\

apparently so, im trying to get my auto R34 GTT converted and its almost 3k for the parts alone =( another 2-3k for the labour. hurtbox for me =(

It's just not worth it on a vehicle where manual versions are so readily available. Save manual conversions for cars where manual transmissions are a rarity or you're really passionate about keeping that particular car.

It's just not worth it on a vehicle where manual versions are so readily available. Save manual conversions for cars where manual transmissions are a rarity or you're really passionate about keeping that particular car.

what im passionate about keeping my auto 33?

i got a price on a conversion kit its only $1750, for my r33 im not sure if that includes labour or what not, im guessing its not including labour but he says that its everything i need to do the conversion.

Make sure it's the R33 gearbox that is included in the kit and make sure it covers electricals too, as you don't want warning lights and fault codes as per the ECU cracking the shits at you. Sounds like a decent price...I always factor in $2500-$3000 for complete conversions.

Basti are you passionate about keeping your car an auto or passionate about that particular car and want to change to manual? I is confused :S

Hey guys,

I just joined the forum so coming in a little late on this convo. I'm looking at buying an r33 gts-t from a mechanic for about 11grand. It already has all the mods I was going to do over time so I'm pretty happy with it. The problem is its an auto and the gearbox didn't seem very happy with the boost. Though that was possibly amplified by me driving it lol. I've had a look around and almost every gts-t for sale has a front mounted intercooler, which in nsw at least is illegal.

Anyways, I want to convert it to a manual if I buy it. Are there any inherent problems with changing from auto to manual? eg: problems with wearing parts or electrics or even as simple as the pedals being in weird places?

Thanks for your help,

Galois

• 2 weeks later...

i done a conversion about 3 years ago, cost me 4 grand all up then, for me it was worth it as the car was spotless inside and out. things you need as folloews

tailshaft

clutch

flywheel (machine before use)

gbox

shifter

console and inner and outer boot

brake peddle

clutch peddle with slave and master cylinder and hydraulic line

spigot

manual dash

wiring modded

can still use auto computer (i have only just changed it)

can still use auto diff (will be about 9km fast at 100km)

this conversion only takes a few hours with the right equipment so i wouldn't be paying over $1000 for labor, the car acts and looks like a manual except it has the little power/snow button.

hop this helps