SAU Community

Will An Infiniti G35 O2 Sensor Fit An '01 V35 250gt?

As the topic suggests, I need two new pre-cat O2 sensors on my 2001 V35 250GT (2.5L).

I have looked on the net and can get aftermarket O2 sensors from the US for the Infiniti G35 2003-2007 sedan for US $29 each, whereas the JDM version costs $500 for two shipped from Nissan Japan - a huge difference in cost.

Is there anyone (at all!) who can tell me if the G35 sensor will fit and work on the V35 250GT? Or is there a way I can find out? If I contact Infiniti in the US all they will do is ask for a part number (which won't match being JDM) and they will say no - much like Nissan in Australia do with imports.

If anyone can help or give me some advice on this I would realllly appreciate it. I'm going around in circles with this issue and $40 vs $220 odd for an O2 sensor is a massive difference.

I have contacted Bosch directly and they have told me they do not make a generic part for the V35 so already tried that avenue.

• 5 weeks later...

OK. In case anyone ever finds this information useful, here is what I ended up doing.

Finding aftermarket O2 sensors for this car was a nightmare and ending up being a waste of time because nobody seemed to know what O2 sensor was required for these cars - and nobody could guarantee me that the G35 ones would fit or work. Unless you have the old sensors pulled out of the car to take to a shop, or know exactly what you need, don't bother.

So, I did some more research and found Kudos Motorsports (Andrew Sullivan's business, he is a member on these forums though I have not seen him in this section). Website is http://www.kudosmotorsports.com if you ask Andrew for a product not listed on his catalog (which there wasn't even a V35 section before I got in touch with him) he will source it for you and at very good prices.

The two sensors I have needed replaced are 2 x O2 sensors and the EGR temperature sensor. The link to these genuine Nissan parts is now here: http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/35...22_296_544.html

I hope this might help other V35 owners in the future as I wouldn't wish the runaround I had on anyone else. On the plus side, my car now runs perfectly.

Highly recommend Andrew and Kudos Motorsports if you need any V35 parts.