SAU Community

Survey: Ecu Reflash/tune In Australia

Engine Tuning in Australia  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

There has been a little discussion over on 350Z-Tech about ECU Reflash/Tuning of our cars. As we share the same heart (engine) I thought I’d extend the little fact finding exercise I started over at Tech here to better gain an understanding of what VQ owners would want from a tune if it was available. This will assist in determining if there is a business case to develop and take to a tuner (ie UpRev with Osiris). This should only take 2 minutes and I would appreciate your input.

Parameters that the tune will include at minimum:

- Up to 5 Maps on cruise control equipped vehicles

- Idle RPM

- Speed Limiter

- Electronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds.

- Rev Limiter

- DTC disable

- AFR Targets

- Fuel Compensation

- Ignition Timing Advance

- Cam Phasing for equipped vehicles.

Additional questions (optional):

4. What features in would you like to see in addition to those listed above?

5. What on-going support would you like to receive from the tuner?

6. Any other comments.

Thanks to those for their replies to date. It is very beneficial knowing what the community is looking for before approaching the tuner.

If you haven't replied and are interested I encourage you to do so.

Thanks,

one thing that i'm really interested on ECU tuning features is the raising Rev Limit and Speed Limit removal as well. the rest is just the same thing A/F ratio, ignition timing, etc, which unichip can do.

one thing that i'm really interested on ECU tuning features is the raising Rev Limit and Speed Limit removal as well. the rest is just the same thing A/F ratio, ignition timing, etc, which unichip can do.

I've looked at a couple of reflashes in detail and narrowed the list two products that would be best for the Aussie market. Both offer these features.

How much HP/KW gain could be had from a ECU tune? Say with a plenum, intake and exhaust?

+1 to pw350gt.

It all depends on your car. Tuning doesn't create power, it unleashes it. Tuning is efficiency and a by-product of that will be more power. So if your car is in good shape, and there are gains to be made, there will be gains made. Add more parts that add a mechanical advantage, and the tuning will net you even more gain.

Edited by Aust350z

if i got an extra 10rwkw for $750 i would pretty happy :(

I'm pretty sure my dyno runs (with a cat-back and Popcharger) pre-ECU and post-ECU netted me around 10rwkW on the Z33. Note that was with the stock 6600RPM cutout, since I use a Unichip and hadn't reflashed my ECU yet.

I might have found a bit more if I could have revved the engine up to 7000RPM back then since the power curve didn't really fall away that much at the end of the graph.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be following up early in the new year. Tuner shop approached was interested but requires them to get more involved.

I'll also add that the chosen reflash is Orisis from Uprev. Comes in three options (a) flash; (b) standard; © tuner. More info for those interested can be found at www.uprev.com

Uprev is also very keen to establish a Pro Tuner(s) in Australia.

Edited by Aust350z

let me see what i can do i know someone who may be willing to become a pro tuner

I'm all for someone working on getting this to the Sydney market :geek:

My goal is to have a Pro Tuner in Melb by end of March 2010.

My goal is to have a Pro Tuner in Melb by end of March 2010.

Sounds excellent - I am most interested in a local tuner. Would it mean we still purchase Osiris directly from UpRev or from the local tuner (wary of the usual USD-AUD crazy markups, especially with the strong dollar at the moment)?

From your enquiries, is there any reason we couldn't buy the Tuner version of Osiris and use it on our cars already (not that I am saying I would be able to tune it). Is it currently compatible with JDM cars or will the software need modifications?

Would it mean we still purchase Osiris directly from UpRev or from the local tuner (wary of the usual USD-AUD crazy markups, especially with the strong dollar at the moment)?

Would purchase from the local tuner at an AUD price. I wouldn't worry about this just yet :blush:

From your enquiries, is there any reason we couldn't buy the Tuner version of Osiris and use it on our cars already (not that I am saying I would be able to tune it). Is it currently compatible with JDM cars or will the software need modifications?

I would need to check comparability with JDM cars now but it is one of stages to reverse engineer the ECU to local markets (ie: Australian Z33). If ECU already compatible then nothing stopping you buying now. If you get the Tuner though you forgo Uprev support.

Edited by Aust350z

• 1 month later...