SAU Community

Mallala Trackday - Nov 23

V35-2005

and some other crap like a hammer??

don't knock the hammer (lol) as Dave used one on his S14 at the last trackday...

oh hang on, that's probably a glass breakage hammer

Edited by V35-2005

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't knock the hammer (lol) as Dave used one on his S14 at the last trackday...

oh hang on, that's probably a glass breakage hammer

Nah it's definitely for on the spot guard rolling. Speaking of which I need to do mine before the track day; since I got the R888's they seem to VERY slightly hit the guard over big bumps

My helmet arrived from the USA today. Shoei full face for USD$303 inc delivery - bargain!

Tomorrow I'm getting some brake fluid - going to try Elf HTX 115. It's a bit cheaper than Motul RBF 660 and apparently works just as well if not better.

this is the final list that has now been locked in:

1. writeoff (R32 GTR)

2. Joshdc (R33 GTR)

3. Moodles2 (R32 GTR)

4. 32godzilla (260RS Stagea)

5. Mark (32godzilla's +1)

6. Red Back (R33 GTR)

7. heslo (R33 GTR)

8. Bengi (Starlet)

9. Nightcrawler (V35 Coupe)

10. Luke_ENR34 (R34 GT4)

11. Glenn (heslo +1) MX5

12. Jugs (heslo +2) R33

13. V35-2005 (Supra JZA80 TT)

14. GUNR35 (R35 GTR)

15. JTmiller (Lexus IS200)

16. Dark Knight (Supra JZA80 NA)

17. Mercury (Supra JZA80 NA)

18. Damo (Supra JZA80 V8 SC)

19. ma61turbo (Supra JZA80 TT)

20. cyberdiamond (Supra JZA80 NA)

21. Reaper

22. John (MarveyTech S13)

this looks to be a great turnout with over half the group from the Aug 25 trackday signing up for this trackday. well done! it's good to know that there are people here who want to learn more about driving properly on a proper racetrack - thanks for your enthusiasm guys and see you all in seven days time!

Ok, need some numbers guys for who is coming to the Mawson Lakes pub after the track day, I'd like to make a booking for us just in case :P

Here's the list so far...

heslo

V35-2005

Luke_ENR34

I only just found this thread - I'm booked into the Wednesday public one so will miss out on a great set of skylines :D I'll have to be more proactive next time...

Enjoy the day chaps!

which Wednesday event are you booked for?

John Bowe Driving are running both a Level 1 Drive to Survive course at AIR and an FPV Drive Day at Mallala on Wednesday November 25.

Craig is right - there are two spots left for the Monday trackday as the maximum is 24 cars.

if you have prior track experience then you could pay the L1/L2 difference (about $150 i think) and upgrade to the Monday event. ideally you should do a L1 course followed by the L2A Advanced Driving course (like the one i organised in August) and then go on this L2B High Performance drive day.

Ok, need some numbers guys for who is coming to the Mawson Lakes pub after the track day, I'd like to make a booking for us just in case :D

heslo

V35-2005

Luke_ENR34

fairly sure ill be there.

I was puzzled by the AIR email they sent out. I thought it had already been plowed and made way for Toll's dispatch thingy?

the defensive driving courses usually use a limited section of the straight for dry/wet emergency braking exercises (100kph to zero) and a curved section of the old circuit for the braking around corners exercise.

who knows what's happening with AIR - Bob Jane was on TV a few weeks ago making promises about reopening the facility. i'll only believe it when the gates are open for the drags again...

Ok, need some numbers guys for who is coming to the Mawson Lakes pub after the track day, I'd like to make a booking for us just in case :)

heslo

V35-2005

Luke_ENR34

Would love to but off to Darwin again the next day so won't have time. :)

who needs access to a garage at Mallala on the day? "just in case"

please note that the John Bowe Driving team will be using Garages 20/21 for the drivers briefing, theory lectures and the catered lunch - we usually store small bits and pieces in the limited space there during the day, but if you're bringing spare tires, trolley jacks, ramps, etc then putting those in a separate garage would be better for everyone.

Heslo and i will be splitting a garage between us ($110 total for one garage - yes, it's expensive - i know) but the more people who chip in, the cheaper it is for those who need to use it to store their stuff. it will be a separate cost from your course fee. $10 per person will make this plan viable.

those who used a garage during the October private trackday will appreciate the benefit of having the space (and the shade from the elements - sun/wind/rain)

reply here.