SAU Community

Mallala Trackday - Nov 23

V35-2005

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well car is all ready to go, I'm set, all is right with the world. See you at Vilis tomorrow everyone, will be good to catch up again Pete! Dave, if I don't see you in the morning I'll catch you at dinner tomorrow night

i'll see you guys at City Dismantlers tomorrow as GUNR35 is coming past my place first and going to Vili's is in the opposite direction.

weather forecast looks to be good so here's to a great day!

cheers - Kim

i hear a good day was had, but some of the GTR's had issues

I think my GTR was the only one that had an issue and that was the oil catch can spewing oil all over my engine. Made a huge mess and was a waste of Motul Chrono 300V but didn't prevent me from going out - it just meant that I had to clean my engine bay after every session.

Craig left early with his Stagea 260RS which was trailing a lot of black smoke on the track but I didn't speak with him to know what the specific problem was.

My best lap was 1:24.06 - I just couldn't break into the 23s but that was with a hand held stopwatch so that may have added the 0.07 :down::D

Ringlands were Craigs problem, severe detonation busted them real good. Any slight bit of curry and mass smoke. Poor bugger, heart goes out to ya Craig! Big thanks for letting me borrow the camera, I'll hook you up with it again soon :down:

Had a top day - thanks for organising the event Kim!

I was pretty happy to wring a 1:30.3 out of the near stock auto V35, which is the same time I was getting out of my old 6 speed S15 with 200rwkw. Definitely need better/bigger brakes to stop the massive fade and some much better tyres than the pos's that were on there. I find it completely bizarre that GTRs with nearly double the power only go 6 seconds (=7%) a lap faster .... I guess it is the nature of the sport. But scary too that Glenn's hairdresser's car (MX5) was doing 1:34s, and HELSLO's (turbo) Starlet actually beat me by around half a second. Yikes.

Burnt as faaaaaaaaaaark and going for yet another lay down now .... might call it a night (despite all the work I should be doing) and get up fresh and early in the morning *yawn*

post-669-1258976302_thumb.jpg

post-669-1258976312_thumb.jpg

post-669-1258976324_thumb.jpg

post-669-1258976340_thumb.jpg

post-669-1258976353_thumb.jpg

Those cones were invaluable, not to mention the instructors!

My best was a 1:23:40

I think there were 24 cars, around half/half skylines/supras plus an Evo 9 (9-ish?) and Lukes watsamajig.

Any idea what was the best time of the day?