SAU Community

Ecr33 Hunting At Cold Idle

Pandaemonaeon

I have an issue with my skyline hunting like crazy when the engine is cold.

Unfortunately we changed a whole heap of stuff at the same time so trying to figure out exactly what is causing it may be a problem.

I installed a Greddy intake manifold with Q45 Throttle body, Z32 AFM, Emanage ultimate and new fuel rail/ injectors in one hit.

Due to the fact that my 02 sensor wiring has melted this is also unplugged at the moment.

From cold the car will hunt between 1000-2000 rpm. As soon as there is load on the engine it will hold revs absolutely fine though.

Once you have been driving for around 20 minutes the idle will come right, although sometimes missing a bit, and once warm starting from then on it is also fine until it cools right down again.

I know I've left a rediculous number of possibilities open, but was hoping someone had fixed this exact issue before.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

first start with idle issues is ti clean and adjust the iac valve, beacuase urs picks up with heat, I would also earth out the temp sensor when cold as thats the only difference in ecu signals between hot and cold