SAU Community

Marques In The Park

nerm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure the Patrick White Lawns is grass also (I think it's where the German Autofest was) so rules out that reason anyway :)

Maybe they just got a better deal than what John knight park could do

Those Patrick White Lawns are about as big as two sheets of the Yellow Pages taped together, they wont fit more than 40 cars on that patch. It is the bit wedged directly between the Lake and the National Library. If SAU hasn't booked space as a club and they get a good turnout, you wont fit!

Also Im not too sure of the no cars on the grass policy. Im pretty sure Shannons has booked the same venue as it used this year (out front of parliament house between Gallery and Questicon) for Wheels 2010!!! which is grassed.

Those Patrick White Lawns are about as big as two sheets of the Yellow Pages taped together, they wont fit more than 40 cars on that patch. It is the bit wedged directly between the Lake and the National Library. If SAU hasn't booked space as a club and they get a good turnout, you wont fit!

Also Im not too sure of the no cars on the grass policy. Im pretty sure Shannons has booked the same venue as it used this year (out front of parliament house between Gallery and Questicon) for Wheels 2010!!! which is grassed.

As no one took any leadership on this, I have told the organisors to expect 10-15 cars

yeah but you can go right around the corner too.... the German show had the VW's and Audi's around on the grass next to that sweeping road that goes under Commonwealth Ave bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
I was spewing that I missed this last year and I've been looking forward to it. So I think I'll come but I'll have to leave at about 12ish.

Many people leave about lunch so they should have no issues.