SAU Community

Connecting A Hks Etc

GTRPSI

I just got my hands on a HKS etc unit (electronic torque controller) and its without any connection or instruction manual.

Does anyone here know how they are connected/wired up?

Its got the adjustable control box that goes on the dash next to the gauges, a really long cable and another box with plugs that i assume (guessing) sits under the rear parcel shelf due to its length.

Any tips would be appreciated. :)

If it's the HKS Kansai controller, it plugs into (well taps into anyway) the G-sensors underneath the center console, here it is pictured with the center console off, so the plugs you've got now might actually make some sense:

post-51527-1253757366_thumb.jpg

My unit with the control knobs is on the right, a plug to a really long cable (more than 2.5m) then another plug that connects to a black box.

DSC01994.jpg

Near this black box are 2 different plugs that do not look related to the gforce sensor and also a bullet type connector. (on the left)

DSC01995.jpg

Its the fact that the wire is so damn long that makes me wonder if it goes straight into the g force meter.

Where is the factory torque split controller for attesa? If its under the rear parcel shelf, things may start making sense as to why the cables are so long.

If not, it must plug into the g force meter but the plugs look a little diffrent to me....i could be wrong though.

Edit just rechecked my plugs on the unit, the large one is 9 pin (3X3 pins) and the smaller one is a straight 3 pins in line so im going to guess going by the picture posted that it does not plug into the g force sensors.

Edited by GTRPSI