SAU Community

Defect Clearance

Melly

Hey hey...

Soo... I got defected for my window not working and lack of front indicators (because they were ripped off when I broke my front bar) Anyway... It is a minor notice and I have now installed new indicators and a new window regulator so both defects have been repaired...

But I am not sure if I need a partial or full inspection to clear the defects... Also I was not defected for my front bar being zip tied together, will they pass it when I go to get my clearance or will I have to put my new one on beforehand in order to get my little issues cleared...

I have never had a defect before so I have NO idea what I am doing... It needs to be cleared by Tuesday after next....

Also, where should I go to get it cleared (I have NSW rego)

Cheers...

Melly :blush::P

Melly, were you defected in Canberra or NSW? If it was a NSW defect notice, it will have a tickbox down the bottom stating whether it requires a full 'AUVIS' inspection or just a defect clearance inspection. The full 'AUVIS' inspection is pretty much a blue slip.

the inspector did note the underbody of my car had a plethora of cable ties, and didn't like my cable tied grill. But I didn't get defected for it or written up for it at the inspection. Just told I should tidy it up. this is canberra though

Hey hey...

Soo... I got defected for my window not working and lack of front indicators ....and a new window regulator so both defects have been repaired...

They can defect you for a window that doesn't wind up/down?

Melly bring it to my work ... - Rusden Motors 22 lyell st Fyshwick and I will go over the car and get it sorted since it is only a minor defect we do NSW rego only

Edited by hr32gts

Melly bring it to my work ... - Rusden Motors 22 lyell st Fyshwick and I will go over the car and get it sorted since it is only a minor defect we do NSW rego only

Oooh really??

Excited much :banana:

sfrizza: I was given the defect here in ACT but my car is registered at my NSW address.... It was printed off the little hand held thing...

perfect clearance, exhaust isn't very loud at all, tyres have about 6000kms on em, and the only oil leak(s) it has are rocker cover gaskets weeping, which it's going into Autotech on the 6th to get fixed. Problem is the tint is bloody dark, which I don't much like myself anyway (came on the car). It's not so much that it restricts light getting through, it's just reflective in the dark :D

Haha! So they defected you for the window not going up and down but didn't check the tint. :D

Trozzle has dark tint, My tint is legal, and I don't have any on the fronts anyway.