SAU Community

Airport Parking

morgsj50

just a heads up to anyone parking their precious at the airport, i just got back from 2 days in s.a. and parked at andrews airport parking at tullamarine... only to get back and find the glass in my passenger mirror gone and the mirror all fubared and after refusing to drive the car home in the state in which they had delivered it to me was told to catch a cab home at my expense... which for me is about a 60 dollar fare... lucky it wasnt my 33... i understand that shit happens and it could happen anywhere and to anyone, but to be told i'll have to find my own way home was abit rude, especially at 1130 on a weeknight when people dont like being called out of the blue cos they gotta work in the a.m....

Id have thought it fairly obvious that the dude working at 11.30 at night wouldnt be able to help you with anything as he'd just be an employee.

So have you complained to a manager about the damage?? Outcome??

Im just curious to know.....

Id have thought it fairly obvious that the dude working at 11.30 at night wouldnt be able to help you with anything as he'd just be an employee.

So have you complained to a manager about the damage?? Outcome??

Im just curious to know.....

The guy I spoke to was the duty manager and he rang his bos and was told to deal with it and don't call back till the morning... They rang earlier and after there investigation have found the mirror was intact when I got there... Der... And they are gonna fix it, but that ain't the issue I've got, the issue is I parked there so I wouldn't have to worry about catching cabs or expect my mates to pick me up all the time and then when they stuff up, I, the customer am pretty much told " too bad, you'll just have to make your own way home at your own expense"

my shop is down the road from all those airport parking places and i could tell you some horror stories thats for sur....and one where the owners were not told anything at all aswell

I'm sure they do stuff like that all the time without the owner knowing, and as long as it's fixed properly I wouldn't have a problem with it, in fact I probably wouldn't even know. The damage isn't that much of an issue for me, I mean I'd never leave my skyline there, but my other car ain't anything special anymore, it's the inconnvenience and poor treatment I'm pissed with...

I'm sure they do stuff like that all the time without the owner knowing, and as long as it's fixed properly I wouldn't have a problem with it, in fact I probably wouldn't even know. The damage isn't that much of an issue for me, I mean I'd never leave my skyline there, but my other car ain't anything special anymore, it's the inconnvenience and poor treatment I'm pissed with...

It would be an issue if you knew who they were using to fix them :)

kick them in the nuts!

my mates brother's GTR was stolen from Tulla airport, taken for a hoon and found burnt out!

and also alot of stolen cars get dumped there. long term parking.

Lol, yeah, I'd never park at the actual airport carpark, Andrews is one of the private ones in tullamarine, the ones with a shuttle service...

If I go for a short interstate trip I park in the Business Park at the airport, it's up near the McDonalds right out the front of the Qantas terminal, there are always really nice cars in there and its all pretty much business people.

It is a bit more expensive but worth it, it also is good because you use your own credit card as the parking ticket. You swipe your credit card to get in the gate and then you can only get out with your Credit Card.

If I go for a short interstate trip I park in the Business Park at the airport, it's up near the McDonalds right out the front of the Qantas terminal, there are always really nice cars in there and its all pretty much business people.

It is a bit more expensive but worth it, it also is good because you use your own credit card as the parking ticket. You swipe your credit card to get in the gate and then you can only get out with your Credit Card.

that sounds pretty cool...

Seriously isn't catching the airport shuttle or even a taxi cheaper than paying for long-term parking?

Maybe but apart from the bus to the long term car park i have not been on public transport for near on a decade and dont want to try it again any time soon, i prefer my own music in my own comfort zone with out having to keep an eye out for weirdo's who smell like that have not had a shower since the 70's and people who think that everyone should hear what they are talking about on there mobile, especially when talking about how much they make or the chick they picked up on the weekend, i also dont mind paying extra for this luxury.

Edited by W0rp3D

Seriously isn't catching the airport shuttle or even a taxi cheaper than paying for long-term parking?

Nup, cabs about 60 for me, so it's about a 120 round trip... Airport shuttle leaves from the city I think, so I still have to get into the city which is about the same, maybe more...

Nup, cabs about 60 for me, so it's about a 120 round trip... Airport shuttle leaves from the city I think, so I still have to get into the city which is about the same, maybe more...

Airport shuttle goes out to the suburbs as well, i know it comes out here to frankston and maybe even further, definately not cheaper for me in a taxi, costs about $130 each way for me in a taxi.