SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Hey Scott,

Just had a good read through the whole thread. Your car has definitely come a long way! Good to see you have kept to your original goal the whole time, and are constantly striving to reach it.

Unfortunate that you had some hurdles to jump, but such is being a car enthusiast :D

On a lighter note...

Every time I see that front bar, I blow in my pants.

Awesome job mate! Subbed for updates! :woot:

Hey Scott,

Just had a good read through the whole thread. Your car has definitely come a long way! Good to see you have kept to your original goal the whole time, and are constantly striving to reach it.

Unfortunate that you had some hurdles to jump, but such is being a car enthusiast :D

On a lighter note...

Every time I see that front bar, I blow in my pants.

Awesome job mate! Subbed for updates! :woot:

Thanks Ty,

Im glad people are still getting a good read of this. I enjoy going back every now and then and seeing where its come from. Hard to think this was just a stocker from Japan and my very first car!

I'm glad your enjoying the front bar combo I've put together. Everything sort of just fell into place when I was bored at work one day googling away. Original plan was to keep it all white then iI test fitted it with the black lip and just loved it. Then the R33 sedan lights just top if off.

Thanks Ty,

Im glad people are still getting a good read of this. I enjoy going back every now and then and seeing where its come from. Hard to think this was just a stocker from Japan and my very first car!

I'm glad your enjoying the front bar combo I've put together. Everything sort of just fell into place when I was bored at work one day googling away. Original plan was to keep it all white then iI test fitted it with the black lip and just loved it. Then the R33 sedan lights just top if off.

Credit where it's due my man.

Agreed, the black is fantastic. Goes well with the black drag wing. Those sedan lights look spectacular.. give it a true 'custom, but stock' look.

Still enjoying the 6466?

I may have missed it, but what tyres were you running in the latest vids? She seems to dig deep without much spin at all.

Credit where it's due my man.

Agreed, the black is fantastic. Goes well with the black drag wing. Those sedan lights look spectacular.. give it a true 'custom, but stock' look.

Still enjoying the 6466?

I may have missed it, but what tyres were you running in the latest vids? She seems to dig deep without much spin at all.

Yeah mate still loving the overall combo I've got going on. Big disappointed with the overall power figure at this stage, but there is a few parts letting it down at the moment so it's alright.

In regards to tyres, I'm currently using Nitto 555's in 275/40/17 with about 12-15psi in them. They aren't the best in truth, I really have to feather it out of second gear otherwise they just bake. Saving for some MT streets

Your engine bay is starting to look like Mat's! Sort that out, get some colour in there! All this matte black is making me depressed :laugh:

Seriously though mate, I love this thing. A 6466 is the turbo I would go for if I was to build my motor and go high mount, so I like the setup.

Your engine bay is starting to look like Mat's! Sort that out, get some colour in there! All this matte black is making me depressed :laugh:

Seriously though mate, I love this thing. A 6466 is the turbo I would go for if I was to build my motor and go high mount, so I like the setup.

I'm not going to lie I 100% stole Mat's engine bay look. It's not cheating if your in different states right? Mine will never be as well blacked out as his. I think you either go one way or the other.

I really can't fault the 6466 yet. The main reason I went with it was all the good result people on sau were getting as I first leaned towards the 6262. About a week of thread trawling sorted that out

what power figures were you expecting?

i thought it was decent power

i make touch over 400kw atw on a 6266 with a rb26/30, stock bottom end just poncams

I was aiming for high 600's, horsepower wise. But its a process i guess. There must be certain elements restricting the setup and its just a matter of tinkering and finding the best combo.

What boost are you running through your 6266?

yea fair enough

it made it on 16/17psi lol

the turbo is barely being used!

Tell me about it. Mine is hardly working at 25psi..

Imagine putting another 7psi into yours. I bet you'll net a better return than my 438rwkw or very close to it.

My initial tune made 381kw at 18psi. So yours is already ahead of that and ive got the larger turbo

I think that shows there is something in the setup letting it down

well i made 400 with a china bar and plate at 20psi

then put a shitty old corroded missing fins trust drag cooler on and it made the same power but on 16psi as well as coming on earlier

im not sure if it made full boost any earlier but it sounds like it spools much faster

for a slapper motor it does well!

on the power now it is touch over 90% duty cycle on 1000cc hks injectors which is a bit weird coz ive seen guys make more or with the same injectors

in any case im going 2000cc and putting it back to 20psi and what ever it makes is what ever it makes lol

well i made 400 with a china bar and plate at 20psi

then put a shitty old corroded missing fins trust drag cooler on and it made the same power but on 16psi as well as coming on earlier

im not sure if it made full boost any earlier but it sounds like it spools much faster

for a slapper motor it does well!

on the power now it is touch over 90% duty cycle on 1000cc hks injectors which is a bit weird coz ive seen guys make more or with the same injectors

in any case im going 2000cc and putting it back to 20psi and what ever it makes is what ever it makes lol

Im currently running 1000cc injectors as well. First when 2000cc but tuner said they were too tall and made the fuel rail foul on the plazmaman plenum which sits stupidly high on stock runners with a 3L block

Scott, have you thought about sourcing a RB26 head? I figure it'll suck a little bit to lose the VCT, but with properly dialled in cam gears + the better flowing head.. the net result will probably make you smile...

You could probably run big injectors with ease too :D

Just had a read on the MT Street Radial II's ... they look tasty... :woot:

Also watched a video on MT Street's (to suit 15 inch rim) and how they actually wrinkle quite well for a street legal tyre.. amazing stuff

Scott, have you thought about sourcing a RB26 head? I figure it'll suck a little bit to lose the VCT, but with properly dialled in cam gears + the better flowing head.. the net result will probably make you smile...

You could probably run big injectors with ease too :D

Just had a read on the MT Street Radial II's ... they look tasty... :woot:

Also watched a video on MT Street's (to suit 15 inch rim) and how they actually wrinkle quite well for a street legal tyre.. amazing stuff

I have thought about the 26 head. my 25 head has had a fair bit of work done to it and i do like that I've still got VCT. I think a 26 head will definitely be something for the future.

MT Streets are definitely the next tyre choice for me. Just some research to be done in regards to the best dimensions to run etc.

Nytsky Dave's car makes 550rwkws with hydraulic lifters, baby cams and a minute amount of work done to the ports.

Something to think about

Also, your R33 is awesome!

Nytsky Dave's car makes 550rwkws with hydraulic lifters, baby cams and a minute amount of work done to the ports.

Something to think about

Also, your R33 is awesome!

Cheers mate! always love getting feedback on the car even if its negative.

Dave's car is awesome.

Seems this build thread has had a revival in the last week or so

there is next to no difference in head flow figures between the 25 and 26 heads

Hmm, fair enough.

I was always under the impression that the 26 head was able to flow more CFM than the 25 (neo or otherwise) head.

Yeah, Dave's car is awesome. Kind of the Usain Bolt of the 25 head world, if you know what I mean. Hydraulic lifters can definitely be used to make big power.. there is no doubting that. Proof is in the pudding.

But from what I understood, it was the maintaining/reliability that became the next issue? From doing a little bit of reading, it seems like the 26 head is still favoured due to port/runner/turn design and the shim/bucket setup... even though the neo head has solid lifters, apparently the shim/bucket setup is not as favourable as the 26 head.

Any thoughts?