SAU Community

Lucky??

(B1) MR_fanny

check this out guys...finished changin my oil yesterday and decided to take it for a quick spin up and down westall rd. came back in 5 mins went in the house and my lil sis says theres a hissin sound commin from the tyre. went out had a look, stuck my finger in and found this.

am i lucky or what that this didnt pop when i was on the freeway?? waste of a perfectly good tyre:D anyhoo's dont know squat about tyres, any recomendations for decent affordable tyres(for stock rims). should i go out and replace the other rear tyre aswell?? now wheres that bloody thread gone for cheap tyre places in melb:D:D

Guest RedLineGTR

dam how the hell did that happen?? also with tyres depends how much u wanna spend?? usally places like the the tyre factory and places like that have cheapish brands.

no its not usual is it. theres no camber on the car ...its stock ride height. just strange also taht its only happened to the left rear wheel. the right is fine.

another theory is that i might have got a flat spot on that part a while back...and over time its just gradually broke apart

so should i replace the other rear tyre also?? the tyres are nangkang by the way.

That is not a good look! you may want to try second hand tyre places as well, you never know what you will find. you should replace both rears as tyres should match left to right. there is a second hand tyre place on abbots rd in dandenong south if that's any help. :)

Nangkang is da best.............hehehe

Will last u approx 3 years if ur on a tight budget and drive like a ***** heheh.

By the way that does not look like driffting wear mate.

More like - camber wear to me. How long have you have those on for?

Hey If i were you I wouldnt get 'cheap' tyres..

Think about it.. tyres are the only thing keeping you on the road, and with skylines they have quite a bit of power on tap, and by the sounds of it you like to use it, which isnt a bad thing, just as long as youve got the equipment to do it safely! Tyres are the best place to start.

It really gets me vented when people ask for cheap tyres.. they are one of the most important safety factors of ANY car.. Ive seen enough cars come off the road and into a tree because of bad tyres..

Is YOUR life or your friends lives worth saving a measly 100-200 bucks? Id like to think not.

Spend the extra dosh.. and feel a bit safer on the road.

extatic - yeah your absolutely right about that mate. when i mentioned cheap i didnt mean cheap and nasty per-say but more along the lines of decent and afordable. i remember seeing a thread before the data loss about discounted/cheap tyre places in melb...thats where the word cheap came in:D:D

strutto - yeah ive only tried handbrakies about 4 times in the wet....couldnt get a hang of it so i gave up. handbrakies should produce flat spots on both tyres....but not in my case.

R34GTT - i sense a hint of sarcasm there...hehe. yeah ive had these ever since the car landed and was complied which coincidentaly is about 3yrs now:D:D trust me...theres no camber!!

Autotrust- thanks....second hand tyres are an iffy for me...might appear good but u just dont knwo the history of it. but ill definitly be checkin it up when its time to go to those full-lock classes next yr:D:D

ahk cool mate, just make sur eyou stick with known brands.. and dont get sucked into the crappy ones like nankang, austyre etc..

Big names like Michellin, Bridgestone, Good-Year, Pirelli etc.. all produce top quality tyres.. jump on performanceforums and do a search, theres lots discussed there.

Nankang are farking shit tyres, I had a set and they sux balls. Only go to the dande tyre factory if u want cheap shit tyres, they have a load of em.

haha...yeah..when i first saw these on my wheels instead of the potenzas that were originally on there before compliancing..i was like wtf??nangkang what the hell is that!!

anyways went shoppin around and found myself some kummo's and tornados for around $140bucks each they are both silica based too which is good i think. i assume these are decent brands yeah??