SAU Community

Blitz Sus Power Lm Air Filter

Hi guys,

i got a completly stock r34 n/a...i was looking at a replacment filter, few questions:

1) can i still do a CAI with a panel filter?

2) is it worth buying this if my car is 100 percent stock?

3) can anyone vouch for this filter?

Cheers.

LINK TO THE PRODUCT IS BELOW:

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=272&page=1

You can do a CAI using the stock air box. isnt really worth it tho.

No idea about the filter from justjap,

But I can definetly recommend getting an apexi panel filter. One of the best on the market in the amount of air that goes through and the filtering performance.

Was the first mod I done to my NA and I noticed a difference, especially in the top end, more air getting to the engine.

You can do a CAI using the stock air box. isnt really worth it tho.

No idea about the filter from justjap,

But I can definetly recommend getting an apexi panel filter. One of the best on the market in the amount of air that goes through and the filtering performance.

Was the first mod I done to my NA and I noticed a difference, especially in the top end, more air getting to the engine.

thanks for that. how much was the apexi panel filter and where did you buy from?

also, did you need to get a tune due to the air/fuel ratio changing?

Looks good, but if you include shipping its almost twice the price than the Blitz...i know Blitz is a well known/good brand, so i thihnk ill stick with that...unless somone tells me there craphola lol

I had good results with the K&N Panel. Easy to source one too.

R34's aren't too bad for getting air into the air intake with the snorkel. Cold air feed will always help with getting coldest possible air to the engine. Remembering with an N/A the aim is to remove the restrictions as much as possible (doing so with the filter) and then cooling the air with the cold air feed to make the extra power.

I never set up an additional cold air feed, though if the cooler night air performance was anything to compare to, it would be well worth it!

You could run a cold air feed from behind the front bar up into the cold air box, use something like a flexible tube. That way you'll get cold air into the air box and still have the heat resistant properties of the factory airbox.

You'll have to go beyond CAI, Extractors, Cat-Back before you'll need a copgy back. The R34 relearns quite well. If anything, just reset the ECU afterwards by disconnected Neg terminal on the battery, put foot on brake for 10 seconds, reconnect, then let the ECU relearn your driving style.

I had good results with the K&N Panel. Easy to source one too.

R34's aren't too bad for getting air into the air intake with the snorkel. Cold air feed will always help with getting coldest possible air to the engine. Remembering with an N/A the aim is to remove the restrictions as much as possible (doing so with the filter) and then cooling the air with the cold air feed to make the extra power.

I never set up an additional cold air feed, though if the cooler night air performance was anything to compare to, it would be well worth it!

You could run a cold air feed from behind the front bar up into the cold air box, use something like a flexible tube. That way you'll get cold air into the air box and still have the heat resistant properties of the factory airbox.

You'll have to go beyond CAI, Extractors, Cat-Back before you'll need a copgy back. The R34 relearns quite well. If anything, just reset the ECU afterwards by disconnected Neg terminal on the battery, put foot on brake for 10 seconds, reconnect, then let the ECU relearn your driving style.

thanks, that helped a lot, could you give me a part number or name of your k&n filter? also, how much did you pay?

Hey mate no probs, happy to help :cool: I can't remember the part no, I went to a shielded Apexi Pod filter when I done the conversion and the R34 GT airbox wouldn't have worked out. It should be on K&N's web site? I think I paid around $70-80 for it? was retail price put it that way, I just took out the compliance filter pretty much straight away lol

K&N Products will suggest you oil the filter up.

That's just so the oil will catch smaller particles from going into your air intake.

You don't have to oil it up, but a light spray (Do Not Soak It) on the filter won't hurt either.

K&N, APex'i, Blitz ect will be good upgrade for your air filter.

+ you might as well find a decent 2.25" / 2.5" full exhaust + extractors and a high flow cat to help out the car.

i just ordered the blitz panel off justjap...i payed by direct deposit, anyone know how long it takes to ship as my order status is "queued"??

any feedback is welcome :mrt:

Hi Owen, thanks for your order.

Direct Deposit payments usually take 1-2 business days to clear and reach our account, after which your order will be dispatched.

Delivery time to Victoria is also usually a couple of business days :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Owen, thanks for your order.

Direct Deposit payments usually take 1-2 business days to clear and reach our account, after which your order will be dispatched.

Delivery time to Victoria is also usually a couple of business days :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve.

Thanks for that, i now know what i needed to know!

Regards,

Owen.