SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount they had patrolling the cruise, meanwhile RCK cruise would have been on... We would have been free to rob a bank. Surley every cop would have been tied up with some people 'reving their engines and congrigating in a big group' damn youth of today :)

I wasnt hasseled but amazed at the amount of police they've dedicated to something like this.

They need to rearrange their prioities

I wasnt hasseled but amazed at the amount of police they've dedicated to something like this.

What, like the Police band they had playing in the mall all arvo? Earning their keep :)

What, like the Police band they had playing in the mall all arvo? Earning their keep :)

Did you ask them to perform a cover of NWA's "F**k the police" ? :thumbsup:

-D

I go on the bigger NS cruises... (Christmas Charity, BSM etc.)

So do you Ruby, Ive seen you there :)

I show up to the meet spot for the chat on the rare occasion (for other business) ... but I don't roll with them :thumbsup:

Don't forget guys that if you if you are going to run metal head gaskets you will need to prep both the head and block mating surfaces to the correct finish. If you don't then there is a fair chance that they will leak.

Now you have to ask yourself how you are going to prep the block with the pistons in place.

Also don't forget that if you are going to change to ARP studs then you will need to torque plate hone the bores as you will be using greater torque settings and the bore will be more deformed. This is the same story for main studs in that you will need to line bore the mains.

So i guess the moral of the story is that if you are going to do a rebuild it a perfect opportunity to change to MLS head gasket and ARP studs, but other than with a rebuild it's not the ideal time to change.

So im better of just going a standard genuine headgasket then?

Also were is the best place to order parts, im changing headgasket and sending head of to be checked out. Also doing a 100ks service while its off the road.

What place to you guys order parts from?

Cheers for everyones help.

Somewhere like main north nissan,

That way you get top quality genuine parts rather then aftermarket junk!

So im better of just going a standard genuine headgasket then?

Also were is the best place to order parts, im changing headgasket and sending head of to be checked out. Also doing a 100ks service while its off the road.

What place to you guys order parts from?

Cheers for everyones help.

Like I said, a composition style head gasket is more forgiving but even one of those won't help you if you don't resolve why it blew in the 1st place.

Don't just throw the old one away if your doing the job yourself cause it may give you a clue......I'd be showing the head and gasket to a mechanic once it's off.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with aftermarket LSD's in a GTR?

Got one in mine, will do some digging and find out what it is and let you know mate, pretty nice to drive with.

Well actually had a guy having a REALLY close look at mine on sunday while i was out with Kristian. Quickly looked over his N1, but paid real attention to mine like: looking for engine number, checking rego sticker, compliance tag and a few other things. Meanwhile this way while it was parked and locked up on a primary school oval :D

Has anyone here ever had any experience with aftermarket LSD's in a GTR?

I have a Nismo 2-way in my car.

Which is why I don't attend them :D

Got to be careful on those cruises when ya rolling on 17's and 4WD spec ride height, cops will be all over that shit!

i know that dude :D

the main person they are talking about "the corrections officer" is one of my best mates and most of what they printed is crap

Got to be careful on those cruises when ya rolling on 17's and 4WD spec ride height, cops will be all over that shit!

Fkn LOL!

Also, whats with the skyline's these days? They are all over the hoon stories!

First it was a silver skyline on Rundle,

now its a white skyline, with a boost controller.

On Monday, my mum was reading the paper, and pointed the story out to me, asking me wether i would have a boost controller in the car im probably going to buy. My reply was "yes, why's that?", to which i got the most blunt, shocked, and 'oh my gosh' look on her face.

I didn't tell her that it's got a pod filter, that would send her bonkers..

Fkn LOL!

Also, whats with the skyline's these days? They are all over the hoon stories!

First it was a silver skyline on Rundle,

now its a white skyline, with a boost controller.

On Monday, my mum was reading the paper, and pointed the story out to me, asking me wether i would have a boost controller in the car im probably going to buy. My reply was "yes, why's that?", to which i got the most blunt, shocked, and 'oh my gosh' look on her face.

I didn't tell her that it's got a pod filter, that would send her bonkers..

haha, good one.