SAU Community

What Upgarde Should Be Next.?

Shmee33

hey guys, i have a bit of cash together and i was just wondering on what upgrades should go first on my r33 gtst series 1?

i have so far,

front mount intercooler

20 dollar boost controller

aftermarket intake plenum

bov

air pod filter.

Whats next.?

Well turbo back exhaust+highflow cat and fuel pump if you haven't got them already.

then

adjustable exhaust side cam gear to retain vct

ecu

injectors

bigger turbo

for performance that is. Don't forget upgrading your brakes/tyres/suspension.

just my 2c.

cheers rich

yeah sorry i got a exaust forgot to say,

just a walbro 255l fuel pump?

i have cam gears at home from spool but i have 2 cams not 1, can i just use 1 of em, or should i get like 1 from ebay.

has anyone herd of spool?

also if i get the cam gear replaced on the exaust side how much difference will it make bhp?, and how hard is it for the machanic to put in?

put in some stiff sway bars, strut braces, maybe a monkey bar and if funds persist, some stiffer suspension too

after being in a mates 33 with all this work done (after just getting out of another mates 100% stock one) - i can tell you the difference is insane

oh i forgot to add clutch as the stocker will most likely die somewhere between 180-200rwkw.

walbro gs342,bosch 040,nismo - take your pick. some ppl have had walbro fail - there are fake ones around. nismo is twice the price but direct fit and ists nismo so its heaps cool.

you just need the exhaust cam gear to keep vct(variable cam timing). i havent done mine but i belive it relates to faster spooling than outright kw gains.

you will then really need a tune to make sure everything is running ok (safc/remap). id consider all that stage 1 mods.

then stage 2 would be

PFC/Vipec/Nistune(z32board) - ecu upgrade does wonders for stage 1 mods as well.

injectors

turbo - depending on what you want highflow stock/2530/2835/3076 - the options are endless but it depends what goal you want - power or response.

And would you believe i learnt all that reading SAU:)

cheers Rich

1) Full service - oil/plugs/timing/etc

2) A decent EBC

3) Full exhaust/dump etc

4) Good set of tires and brakes(pads/fluid/machined rotors)

5) Do your bushes if you havent done so already.

6) Dyno to check AFR's and so on.

7) Suspension/springs

That setup will net you around 190rwkw and be super responsive. Hard to beat on the street.

That would be my pick, as If you add a ecu, then it would be better if you changed the injectors and pump at the same time. Then add a bigger radiator and an oil cooler. I didnt mention clutch because you already have that I believe?

picked up an apexi pfc with hand controller no faults good condition for 1100 yay.

also i have a problem with my brakes, when ever i put my foot firm on them it make a thump noise?

brakes still work fine but?