SAU Community

Sa - R35 Dyno Day

Something we normally do as a bit of a Christmas spirit thing is have an impromptu dyno gathering for friends and customers some time around the main break. This year we want to do something a little different and have an R35 GTR dyno session on Saturday December 12. Open to owners of R35 GTRs and their friends it will be a good day to get some base figures of their cars and their mods. We are only looking for around 10 cars in total...and to kick it off -

1) Martin - Willall Racing R35 GTR

2) Munro - Gun Metallic R35 GTR

3) Seb - Super Silver modified R35 GTR

4) ...

5) ...

6) ...

7) ...

8) ...

9) ...

10) ...

6 to go....will make some great comparisons on the day too :D

Slot me in with a bog stocker Martin.

Cheers

David

Something we normally do as a bit of a Christmas spirit thing is have an impromptu dyno gathering for friends and customers some time around the main break. This year we want to do something a little different and have an R35 GTR dyno session on Saturday December 12. Open to owners of R35 GTRs and their friends it will be a good day to get some base figures of their cars and their mods. We are only looking for around 10 cars in total...and to kick it off -

4) ...

5) ...

6) ...

7) ...

8) ...

9) ...

10) ...

6 to go....will make some great comparisons on the day too :banana:

Here is the new list :banana:

4) David - Gun Metallic R35 GTR

5) ...

I can think of 3 - 4 more that should be straight up starters, get your names in lads or I will get Munro to hunt you down :P

• 1 month later...

Thanks for those that came yesterday, it was a great chance to compare modifications and of course have the face off with the mighty Porsche 997TT. Lets just say some of the GTR owners were more than a little surprised by the result! But competition is always healthy

All testing carried out properly strapped on our new Mainline AWD dyno using realistic ramp rates 10km/sec and no fancy corrections. No happy power, just real power :D

Martin,

Thank you for putting this day on and sorry I couldn't hang around till after the work was done and you and the boys could relax. Nice day for it at least. The results were enlightening to say the least :D Fair's fair though, maybe the setup didn't suit certian engine configrations...

And to all those R35 owners that didn't show. You missed a great afternoon's entertainment!

Thanks for those that came yesterday, it was a great chance to compare modifications and of course have the face off with the mighty Porsche 997TT. Lets just say some of the GTR owners were more than a little surprised by the result! But competition is always healthy

All testing carried out properly strapped on our new Mainline AWD dyno using realistic ramp rates 10km/sec and no fancy corrections. No happy power, just real power :P

What were the results?

What were the results?

I can't remember exact numbers except for mine but my stocker GT-R was 293 KW. The 911T was high 250's and one with tune and Willall midpipe was 340 something. The one belonging to Seb was over 400 as described already in a few other threads on this forum. Geez can't we even be modest without getting bagged? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty happy with the 333 awkw run from my R35.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the 249 rwkw from my E63. I was expecting around 270 considering

they are supposed to be 368kw at flywheel. When Kiers CLS63 made 297 I was devo.

Time to pull out the laptop Martin & give me some of that tuning goodness.

The Lambo hasnt been out to the track for a while, how did Keir go with that & did you run the EvoX?

Cheers & have a good one.