SAU Community

R33 5 Stud Conversion

hey, im interested in doing the 5 stud conversion on my r33, however i cant find any complete guides on doing so... or more to the point, a complete list of parts needed to do it.

ive searched and found a few threads on it already, but so far, most of them have been saying different things about needing to replace parts of the braking system and what not.

also would anyone have all the parts to do the conversion sitting around for sale? :D

cheers for any points in the right direction XD

Get the turbo's 4 piston calipers with the bolts!, and rear 2 piston setup with 298mm rear disc and drum for the handbrake. The whole rear hub setup will have the handbrake stuff on it.

Then you need to see if the center spline of your driveshafts that runs through the rear wheel bearing is smaller than the turbo version...

To be honest dont do it....Massive head ache for me. Trying to get the rear hubs, its really hard to get to unles your a flexible contortionist.

You also need the rear braking splash plate

i did this mod on my 4stud r32

got r33 turbo rear hubs and r32 front hubs, came with brake calipers, rotors and handbrake cables still attached

i found my driveshaft spline was the same and fit the turbo hubs

u need a big socket to undo the driveshaft nut from the hub, think its a 36mm socket

i upgraded my brakes at the same time and found that once i went for the first drive i had no braking pressure, adjusted the brake pedal where it connects to the brake master and i got brake pressure,

if u do upgrade the brakes i ur brake lines may have banjo fittings where they bolt to the caliper so you'll have to work something out

• 3 months later...

ITEMS FOR SALE:

TO SUIT SOMEONE WILLNG TO DO A 5 STUD CONVERSION.

1. FRONT AND REAR HUBS OUT OF A GTST R33.

2. R34 GTT WHEELS(5STUD) FOR SALE WITH TYRES.

ITEM LOCATION: MELBOURNE VICTORIA3178

DELIVERY: BUYER TO ORGANISE

PRICE FOR THE HUBS $350

WHEELS: $550

ANY ONE INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL 0403673876

• 4 weeks later...

thats random, i sold sajid_arif those wheel hubs like a month ago, apparently they got damaged in the post, seems like they must be alright now, i bet they were always alright he just decided he didnt want them anymore so tried to make an excuse for refund. LOL

Edited by azzafreddy

• 5 months later...

Didnet want to start another thread, Could a Brake upgrade be done on a R33 GTS4 without a 5 stud conversion, Say rotors and calipers of an AWD stagea?

Been trying to look for the Brake sizes aswell with no luck, info appreciated

/Thread Hijack

I've got a set of front Bendix Ultimates to suit R33 4 Pots :banana: preferably wanting to get rid of them this week before Thursday! $50 pickup or throw in a bit for postage. Barely used, bit coarse for my liking so I changed pads. PM if you want them.

/End Thread Hijackk

/Thread Hijack

I've got a set of front Bendix Ultimates to suit R33 4 Pots :D preferably wanting to get rid of them this week before Thursday! $50 pickup or throw in a bit for postage. Barely used, bit coarse for my liking so I changed pads. PM if you want them.

/End Thread Hijackk

You find they were you rotors out quicker then other pads? Also will they fit N/A 33 brakes. what the part number of them so i can check them out. im keen on them