SAU Community

Fastest R30 Sklyine In Aus?

MY308U

Hi does any one have or know of any quick r30 in aus?

i have a 1985 r30 ti with a rb25det making about 200rwkw

but am about to start turing into a drag car building a 400 odd kw engine, powerglide, 9inch rear end , mini tubs ect!!

would love to hear about other quick r30s.

cheers

If memory serves me correctly, there was a blue Ti sedan in adelaide about 5 years ago, powered by a rb30et that was good for a high 11.

Car hasnt been seen in awhile

I reckon that would have been more like 2001 or so, before I even had my DR30 I used to see that thing getting round, till it got sold.

I know of a DR30 in the build that will be pushing the mid 300rwkw's I reckon or somewhere along those lines, with a forged FJ. But it probably wont be "fast" as such, we dont have a strip in adelaide so there is no point even putting effort towards that side of things

Edited by DR JOSH

http://nissanking.sphosting.com/r30/index.html

Break 11 seconds and you need to get an ANDRA license.

Break 10 seconds and you need the ANDRA license and parachute & full cage and A BLOODY LOT OF MONEY!

Cheers, D

Ghost is right here but since he is already talking about tubs and power glide trans. i'm sure he'd know the costs involved...

best of luck with that ambitious time the matey, would love to see an R30 up there giving them hell at the pointy end of the stick.

hat's off if you get there

Hi does any one have or know of any quick r30 in aus?

i have a 1985 r30 ti with a rb25det making about 200rwkw

but am about to start turing into a drag car building a 400 odd kw engine, powerglide, 9inch rear end , mini tubs ect!!

would love to hear about other quick r30s.

cheers

I don't know that what you have is enough?

I know of an KHR31 GTSX that's getting a twin turbo'd VH45 fitted to it. That's a 4.5L V8 all alloy Quad Cam 32V motor with twin turbo's and the engine weighs less than the original RB20DET.

If your planning to stay with your 6 cylinder, I would be doing the RB25/30DET conversion first & formost, before anything else and remember there is no substitute for cubic inches.

You might have a chance with 3.0L as the torque will be so much better as well.

Up against the VH45DETT I don't like your chances.

Cheers, D

Hi thanks for the support. i am very aware of the cost involved with breaking into the 9s but since i havent seen too many r30s kicking around on the strip i figre why not!! was considering an rb30 bottom end with a 26 head but sinice i already have the 25 sitting there i might use that until its at its limits then build a new motor.

Cheers Alan

• 8 years later...