SAU Community

Help With My Apexi Pfc

Shmee33

i have just bought an apexi pfc and i have a problem setting it up.

i have the rb25det one, and i wanna know where do i plug my map sensor into?

my engine light is constantly on aswell.

i had a look at paul r33s post and have found out a lot but i just can't figure out wheir it goes and still a bit hazy on what levels things should be at,

when i plant the foot a little the engine light flickers but the knock sensor is sitting on 14 to 16???

Lets take care of the obvious first:

Did you buy a PFC D-Jetro? Cause if you didn't, then the map sensor was a waste of money, you can't run a map sensor on an L-Jetro PFC (Normal kind) you have to run an AFM. The standard AFM will be fine, unless it is being maxed out.

The check engine light only flashes for 3 reasons. knock, injector duty cycle nearing 100% and AFM near max voltage output.

yeah on the menu it has,

stock r33 afm

power intake

z32

and an other option.

i have it set on stock,

i dont have the boost kit installed.

the apexi wont basic tune itself somehow will it?

yeah i dont have that kind of pfc, the wrecker just sent me it down from bris and im just trying to put it in.

the denso map sensor i thought id have to use because there is a port for it in my ecu?

The map sensor should be for the boost control kit.

This is starting to get a bit confusing and muddled.

So you have a PFC L-Jetro, PFC Boost Control Kit (including map sensor) and you are using an afm right now?

Was there any other boost control kit plugged in before this, or just the standard?

What mods do you have installed in the car and what kind of power are you making?

yeah i have the stock r33 afm running.

i have a shit 22 dollar boost controller at the moment, i havent put the apexi boost kit in yet.

i have, front mount intercooler,aip pod, intake plenum and the boost controller thats about it for mods.

why are you dicking around with the map sensor then if you haven't plugged in the boost control kit? It's not going to do diddly squat.

If you just replaced the stock ecu with the PFC and hand controller then it should be fine, though it might have a tune on it already not suited for your car...

If the car is stock I would be resetting the PFC and driving it super easy off boost till it has been tuned

Book it in right away and or put your stock ecu back in till its at the dyno!!!!