SAU Community

My Import Experience - R34 Vspec Gtr - Top Secret Imports!

KR4-GTR

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3) this one was absolutely immaculate! passed this one up because it was non vspec and its just another personal preference - its one of the things which would definately keep me up at night. other than that - anyone wanting a near mint example - the price is negotiable and its definately worth looking at. note - car is not the actual car in the pictures.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...4&silo=1011

how can a car be sold (or advertised for sale) with photos of another vehicle? seems strange to me...

how can a car be sold (or advertised for sale) with photos of another vehicle? seems strange to me...

I've seen it happen a few times. I personally wouldnt do it if i was selling, but for a stock car without number plates - most potential buyers probably wouldnt realise if its the same car or not!

I only know its not the same car because when I saw the car, it was non vspec so did not have the front and rear diffusers - etc. :P

Edited by KR4-GTR

Which would equate to about $116,000AUD.

It's pricey, but the car is pretty impressive. I spoke to him a while ago, and i'm pretty sure it has a brand new Nur motor in it.

Quick update -

I spoke with Garry, the GTR with the white TE37's is in Kyushu - over 700km from their closest inspector.

Garry is still trying to get more pics and further info. Its not completely off the table as of yet, however we are both hesitant to move forward on a car which we are unable to some how get thoroughly inspected first.

In brighter news - another one has just popped up within the last 15 minutes.

Check out my latest obsession -

1999/04, non accident vehicle with service history. Apparently stock as a rock apart from a HKS intercooler.

post-54322-1261452685_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452697_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452767_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452782_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452798_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452807_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452816_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452831_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452848_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452859_thumb.jpg

I have already told Garry and he's on top of it. Lets see how we go! :)

Edited by KR4-GTR

^ that one looks much better than the white te37 - have a look at the side bolster on the drivers seat, steering wheel, handbrake etc... nice - how many k's?

are you just finding these cars on tradeview?

^ that one looks much better than the white te37 - have a look at the side bolster on the drivers seat, steering wheel, handbrake etc... nice - how many k's?

are you just finding these cars on tradeview?

around 60,000 k's.

trade car view is one of the sources, however lots of old ads and apparently 'fake' ads are on there. there are plenty of sites that are a lot better than trade car view if you just google around. i just like the slightly larger pics from the trade car view site, some other sites seem to reduce the image size even further.

have been mostly using the USS auctions, jap used cars - etc to find the majority. i've got a big list i go through hourly! haha

Edited by KR4-GTR

i have just sent you a large list of sites and exporters which i've been browsing hourly. hope this helps! :)

note - some of them are a paid subscription service so you will have to register an account and also pay to get the full benefits, but i'd say its worth it.

are you also shopping for a car? if so, what exactly are you after? if you like, i can keep an eye out for something that suits your requirements. there's even quite a few gtr's readily available at the moment if you look in the right places and you're not as picky as i am. :)

Edited by KR4-GTR

around 60,000 k's.

trade car view is one of the sources, however lots of old ads and apparently 'fake' ads are on there. there are plenty of sites that are a lot better than trade car view if you just google around. i just like the slightly larger pics from the trade car view site, some other sites seem to reduce the image size even further.

have been mostly using the USS auctions, jap used cars - etc to find the majority. i've got a big list i go through hourly! haha

I know a supplier with 1200 cars on tradecarview and none actually exist

however if your foolish enough to give him your money he will find something roughly similar for you

stick to auction , especially with this fixed price thing youve got going with the importer , atleast you will have some verification of the price of the vehicle

I know a supplier with 1200 cars on tradecarview and none actually exist

however if your foolish enough to give him your money he will find something roughly similar for you

stick to auction , especially with this fixed price thing youve got going with the importer , atleast you will have some verification of the price of the vehicle

Cheers for the confirmation mate, i've heard similar stories around the place - that does sound very dodgy! haha

Yeah, auctions are great, however if I find one at a dealer in japan while im searching around - I just shoot the link through to Garry and he'll get one of his guys to physically go to the dealer and check the car out on the spot.

Either way, I would never go buying something over there without Garry's assistance and advice :rant:

Cheers!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Wow, a mint stockie bayside blue 34R... I'll have one someday... Hopefully that one :rant:

Wheres the vspec sticker? lol

I was thinking the same thing initially! Wonder if someone just doesnt like stickers and peeled it off, or if the bumpers been resprayed, or of its not an actual vspec and its just had the diffusers - etc added!? Will have to wait to hear back from Garrys guys with the verdict! :(

Edited by KR4-GTR

It Sure looks really clean and very Minimal Ware & Tear from those Pics.

Please keep us updated with the reply from Gary.

Good luck with this fine looking Machine, I can't believe from the Pics the car's done 60,000 Kms ... as it's too Detailed ...

Would you mind sharing those sites with me too Chris?

Please let me know if you see any Decent Nur around and also preferably Bayside Blue too :P