SAU Community

My Import Experience - R34 Vspec Gtr - Top Secret Imports!

KR4-GTR

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

honestly I would not bother with a 32 N1 or VII unless you want it as a museum piece. 32 N1s rarely come up but I see lots of 32 VIIs in shit condition and not worth buying. the ones that are original and in good condition cost decent $$$ and having paid that for it you'd be mad to put kms on it or modify it or 'enjoy' it in any way other than just looking at it and polishing it once a month. so if you want a 32 GTR to enjoy I'd seek out a low km, neat, good condition 93 or 94 model with owner history (pref even 1 owner car) and log books. that way it's not expensive enough to be a real collectible but it's still nice, neat and worth buying. and you can actually have some fun in it.

as far as a car to drive and enjoy goes a 32 N1 or VII is not that special. there is nothing on them that can't be easily equalled (and bettered) with a few aftermarket parts etc. their value now is really only as a collection piece IF (and it's a big if) you an get one in original condition, and still in good nick and with supporting paperwork (owner history, log books etc) otherwise you are just paying too much money for an average condition 32 GTR that will be easily surpassed by a lightly modded neat 89 model.

just my opinion, but paying big money for a 32 N1 these days doesn't make sense to me unless it's the 'extra' GTR that you keep just to admire.

Hey Kristian, you mentioned better buying at the end of the year.... how much better are we talking? Is it like THE time to buy, in december?

are the other comparable good times to buy throughout the year?

I had one on my site two weeks ago Nick!! Just sold it to a collector in NZ. Was the first one I'd spotted in six months.

Yeah i saw that Kristian! white one yeah? Believe me if i had the 28k i would've bought it!

honestly I would not bother with a 32 N1 or VII unless you want it as a museum piece. 32 N1s rarely come up but I see lots of 32 VIIs in shit condition and not worth buying. the ones that are original and in good condition cost decent $$$ and having paid that for it you'd be mad to put kms on it or modify it or 'enjoy' it in any way other than just looking at it and polishing it once a month. so if you want a 32 GTR to enjoy I'd seek out a low km, neat, good condition 93 or 94 model with owner history (pref even 1 owner car) and log books. that way it's not expensive enough to be a real collectible but it's still nice, neat and worth buying. and you can actually have some fun in it.

as far as a car to drive and enjoy goes a 32 N1 or VII is not that special. there is nothing on them that can't be easily equalled (and bettered) with a few aftermarket parts etc. their value now is really only as a collection piece IF (and it's a big if) you an get one in original condition, and still in good nick and with supporting paperwork (owner history, log books etc) otherwise you are just paying too much money for an average condition 32 GTR that will be easily surpassed by a lightly modded neat 89 model.

just my opinion, but paying big money for a 32 N1 these days doesn't make sense to me unless it's the 'extra' GTR that you keep just to admire.

That's possibly a smarter way of looking at it. Cos yes i would be looking to mod.

Is there a "V-Spec" R32? Would you say that would be a more valid option? Or would your preference still lie with a non-spec, late model, low KM's GTR?

well if you find a good V spec or V spec II R32 that is reasonable money then there's no reason not to buy one. it's just that there is a 'badge premium' on them that is only really justified if you're a collector. they have different suspension (big deal it's probably old and fked), they have brembos (again, big deal, easy to upgrade from a 33 or even to something better like F40s etc), and a few other cosmetic differences (again easy to replicate), the only thing they have that is not easy to replicate is faster ATTESSA sampling rate but it's not a huge deal.

I guess my point is, if you lined up 2 R32 GTRs. one is a very neat, non vspec 94 model, with log books and a genuine 80,000kms and one is a v spec of similar spec and condition I would have to seriously think about how much more I'd want to pay for the v-spec..... my personal answer is: not much. :laugh:

I certainly wouldn't exclude V-specs from your search as just like every car it is possible to find a good one for reasonable money, but I've found given there are lots more non-vspecs out there you have better chance of finding a quality, well looked after 32 that is not a vspec.

The same goes for any type of car. The FD crew go crazy about RS spec cars but with some aftermarket parts the lower spec cars can easily become the aggressors. But the fact of the matter is that many people buy sports cars for not only handling but also image. A higher spec model will always get that little more respect, as will a later model. For this reason, its a slightly better investment to purchase a higher spec model.

However quality should play a large role in a purchase, I wouldnt except a lower condition car because of the spec.

Edited by BigWillieStyles

well if you find a good V spec or V spec II R32 that is reasonable money then there's no reason not to buy one. it's just that there is a 'badge premium' on them that is only really justified if you're a collector. they have different suspension (big deal it's probably old and fked), they have brembos (again, big deal, easy to upgrade from a 33 or even to something better like F40s etc), and a few other cosmetic differences (again easy to replicate), the only thing they have that is not easy to replicate is faster ATTESSA sampling rate but it's not a huge deal.

I guess my point is, if you lined up 2 R32 GTRs. one is a very neat, non vspec 94 model, with log books and a genuine 80,000kms and one is a v spec of similar spec and condition I would have to seriously think about how much more I'd want to pay for the v-spec..... my personal answer is: not much. :D

I certainly wouldn't exclude V-specs from your search as just like every car it is possible to find a good one for reasonable money, but I've found given there are lots more non-vspecs out there you have better chance of finding a quality, well looked after 32 that is not a vspec.

Well put - I use the same theory with customers who are incredibly picky about any options. The condition of the car should always be a higher priority than what options it has or doesn't have.

lol, I thnk you put it even more succinctly that me. but that's the basic idea. quality of a particular car should be number 1 priority over options etc.

when it comes down to it that's all the v-specs etc are. option packs and a sticker. so you always want to go for the better quality car over the more optioned/rare car. and the sheer weight of numbers tells you that with 32s the better quality cars are most often going to be base models.

sure it's worth paying a little extra for a vspec over a base model of the same condition but I wouldn't pay a lot if you plan on actually using the car. as once you put a whole lot of kms on it, have a little fender bender in it, and put some mods on it, then the price premium it once commanded will be goneski.

Our uncle - wife side - owns the last of the Nur Spec II in the green. Over 60 years old, hardly ever drives it and probably looking to sell it soon. If anyone here is seriously interested in an immaculate, low kms one, please let me know. I am sure he is going to change again - before this, he had the original Vspec in bayside blue.

Hey There,

Let me know if your Uncle is going to sell it and what prices is he looking at selling?

Our uncle - wife side - owns the last of the Nur Spec II in the green. Over 60 years old, hardly ever drives it and probably looking to sell it soon. If anyone here is seriously interested in an immaculate, low kms one, please let me know. I am sure he is going to change again - before this, he had the original Vspec in bayside blue.

Any Updates with the Nur?

Pictures to share would be Awesome! :blink:

Late last night, I saw a 2000 model vspec was up for auction today (thursday) at Tokyo along with 7 other GTR's.

So i gave Garry a buzz, and within 5 minutes he was on the phone to his guys in Japan organising to have it checked out first thing thismorning!

Turned out to be pretty much a perfect car for me apart from the rims.

Did not have any luck at the auction though! :( Garry told me that in the end (landed complied and registered - etc), the cost of this one would have been 12k more than my current set budget!

Anyway, have attached pics and description for records sake :(

2000.3 BNR34 GT-R VSPEC

BAYSIDE BLUE

GRADE-4.5

42,181KM

6F AAC PS PW

18'AW

NISMO BODY KIT

EXHAUST ( APEXi N1 )

NISMO CLUTCH

AIR FILTER ( BLITZ )

ABS ABG

*rust free underbody

*nice and very clean inside

*no scratch, no dent to be fixed

*tyres 70%

cimg0827.th.jpg

cimg0828.th.jpg

cimg0829n.th.jpg

cimg0830b.th.jpg

cimg0831.th.jpg

cimg0832d.th.jpg

cimg0833q.th.jpg

cimg0835f.th.jpg

cimg0836.th.jpg

cimg0837r.th.jpg

cimg0838.th.jpg

cimg0839he.th.jpg

cimg0840h.th.jpg

cimg0841g.th.jpg

cimg0844e.th.jpg

cimg0845o.th.jpg

cimg0846d.th.jpg

cimg0847.th.jpg

cimg0848h.th.jpg

cimg0849o.th.jpg

cimg0850z.th.jpg

cimg0851.th.jpg

cimg0852h.th.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR

Sold for 3.41 mil car cost, that's about the right sort of money for that car - kind've makes you laugh at the "45,000km" V-Specs selling at dealers locally for under $50K really...

Edited by Iron Chef