SAU Community

My Import Experience - R34 Vspec Gtr - Top Secret Imports!

KR4-GTR

Well there is your problem "Yahoo and kurumaerabi, Jap version of Carsales." as there are more reasons then you can think off why no one buys from there or tells people not to especially on a car like an R34 GTR.

lol, cheers guys :down: they know how picky i am and understand exactly what im after - so i trust their judgement and when one pops up - i'm sure they will tell me about it!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was the same issue i had with Garry when i wanted to find my car, i was checking the USS auctions daily and constantly emailing them to check out certain cars i'd found.

That said though, Garry showed me all the DIY's they have going, it was about 6cm thick in paper (1 sheet per DIY) so they do have their work cut out for them.

I can only advise that you check in with them atleast once a week via email and pop in once a month in person, so they know you personally and your case will stick out more to them. Demand their attention and they will look after you.

Also look for cars in Japan yourself;

USS auctions:

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/index.asp

Password: P56997

If you find one, then give them the code of the car and they will follow up on it.

All the best, happy hunting =)

Danny

cheers mate, yeah to date - garrys been great, he has kept in regular contact just to let me know i havent been forgotten and that the search is still in progress.

thanks for the auction site details - i will keep an eye on there for sure!

Well there is your problem "Yahoo and kurumaerabi, Jap version of Carsales." as there are more reasons then you can think off why no one buys from there or tells people not to especially on a car like an R34 GTR.

Personally I dont know about Kurumaerabi, but plenty of cars do get sold through Yahoo. OK not a huge amount but nevertheless some do get sold through that medium.

2 classic examples of Prince Skylines that were sold for 8.5 and 9.5 mil recently

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v122575237

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c224134829

Last week there was a MP II R34 GT-R that had no reserve set and got sold about 3.5 mil.

This was the same issue i had with Garry when i wanted to find my car, i was checking the USS auctions daily and constantly emailing them to check out certain cars i'd found.

That said though, Garry showed me all the DIY's they have going, it was about 6cm thick in paper (1 sheet per DIY) so they do have their work cut out for them.

I can only advise that you check in with them atleast once a week via email and pop in once a month in person, so they know you personally and your case will stick out more to them. Demand their attention and they will look after you.

This is why im looking forward to this result. Curious on both the time it will take to find the car and also more importantly the quality of car which comes out of it.

BAsed on that i'll be able to move forward with my purchase, which im hoping will also be with Top Secret Imports!!!!!

Edited by c-gtst

there is one small downside I can see to this style of importing. if you have an agreement with them that says "I will pay $52,000 for a 2000 model R34 GTR in blue with less than 100,000kms, landed, complied and ready for rego" then there is a dis-incentive for them to buy the most expensive car. the cheaper the car they buy the more money they make. which is not good for you. I think you are better off just paying an importer a fixed rate for their service and then working out you maximum bid price on a car, then have them search auctions for the best car they can win at your bid price.

there is one small downside I can see to this style of importing. if you have an agreement with them that says "I will pay $52,000 for a 2000 model R34 GTR in blue with less than 100,000kms, landed, complied and ready for rego" then there is a dis-incentive for them to buy the most expensive car. the cheaper the car they buy the more money they make. which is not good for you. I think you are better off just paying an importer a fixed rate for their service and then working out you maximum bid price on a car, then have them search auctions for the best car they can win at your bid price.

Very true and very wise of you to see it that way and point it out!

It also ran through my mind but I guess this is where trust comes in to the picture! If i wasnt comfortable or had doubts, i would have already backed out. :(

Anyway, they know that if im happy with the car i receive - i'll make sure everyone i know is aware, and i guess that means more business for them. I've already sent a few mates over and one of them just bought a blue 200sx (and theres more to come.) As with hills motorsports and platinum car security - if they do good by me i'll make sure I spread the word and do good by them. :D

Edited by KR4-GTR

^ lol, mark was all good for me back when i had my r33. he always bent over backwards to keep me happy - for example - even retuned my car 3 times to make it perfect!

but with a new car, maybe time to do some further research on the other garages around? what are your recommendations, i'm looking for ease of access - hills is very local for me. please pm me some suggestions :)

Edited by KR4-GTR

• 2 weeks later...
Almost 2 weeks now with no thread updates... Whats news????? Have they found any cars yet?????

It takes longer than 2 weeks to find "the one".

Mate try looking for a clean "insert type of vehicle" in Australia...let alone overseas it'll take you longer than 2 weeks. It took me 5 months to find a clean s2000 to buy. Patience ... in the mean time you can save more money in preparation for all the maintenance a GTR brings :wave:

Why don't you just buy Garrys R34?

J

Garry just sold his old R34 GTR JBird. I think he sold it to a mate for a reasonable price.

His new one has all the fruit (as you're probably aware Chris).

I will be going through the guys at Top Secret for when i eventually have the money to get an R32 GT-R. Ever since i've met the guys, they've been nothing but helpful to me (and i haven't even bought anything yet). We've even had cake and coffee there :wave:

But seriously, Jack and Garry are awesome. They helped me out of a major bind (along with Hills Motorsport) by sourcing me a suspension arm for an R33 GT-R at last minute for my wedding. No issues, no questions, they even called people after hours for me :(

I seriously hope you are happy with the result Chris. From what i've seen the guys pride themselves on being customer focused, and as you may have seen in their showroom, they pride themselves on quality cars (in fact one of my mates got a white S15 specR with about 20,000k's, in immaculate condition (cleanest engine bay i've ever seen!!!) for a very reasonable price)

While it is a shame you weren't able to find a decent example locally (as i guess it means some ppl don't keep their GTRs in tip top condition..or if they do..don't want to sell them (i.e. Terry/Eugene are people that come to mind)). It is good to know there's people like the boys we can count on :P

Haha thanks for the comment Nick. Yes I wont ever sell the car. It will be passed on to my son and hopefully to his son. But before I give her away, there's a whole lot more to do from now to the end.. lol

Btw, I know Chris you're after a BB colour GT-R, but just take a look at this one. I scout for cars everyday for ppl and this beauty caught my eye. 2nd one down.

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_...php?model=BNR34

i saw that too... looks like an awesome piece of kit. Problem is though... HKS Fcon.... you'd have to ditch that or live in syd or perth and be stuck with 1 tuner.

what would this be landed+compiled eugene??

3,680,000 plus your usual fob tax will be about $46,000AUD to buy. Then add 5% duty on top which equals $48,300, then add 10% gst which is then $53,130, then add about $1500 freight, then $2000 for compliance, then another $1000 for misc stuff, so what's that, about $57,630.

If the car needs tyres than add that as well, plus the usual registration and transfer costs. So I would say, about $60k on road.

Haha thanks for the comment Nick. Yes I wont ever sell the car. It will be passed on to my son and hopefully to his son. But before I give her away, there's a whole lot more to do from now to the end.. lol

Btw, I know Chris you're after a BB colour GT-R, but just take a look at this one. I scout for cars everyday for ppl and this beauty caught my eye. 2nd one down.

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_...php?model=BNR34

I don't blame you mate.

It is an immaculate piece of machinery. I wish my Dad owned something like that lol.

Hi all,

Quick update. Just got off the phone to Garry.

A car is going through auction tomorrow - its a 2000 model R34 GTR, bayside blue and grade 4.5B.

After looking at the auction sheet, I have found that the only problem is - its non vspec!

Have told Garry I'm happy to let this one slip and wait for a vspec to pop up.

Perfect grade, perfect colour - but unfortunately not the perfect spec! I have attached auction info and pics to this post.

I would also prefer one with a standard front bumper and standard rims :)

Will let you all know of updates as they are available.

Cheers!

post-54322-1258531230_thumb.jpg post-54322-1258531239_thumb.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR