SAU Community

My Import Experience - R34 Vspec Gtr - Top Secret Imports!

KR4-GTR

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Todays GTR search experience.

Have just got off the phone about another GTR i saw myself crawling back to out of curiosity.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...id=1256BC163248

It is already in Sydney, previously had the number plates POSSM. 'Lady owner', after posting up on SAU and asking about its history - it appears that it was the husband and the sons which gave it quite a hard life and that explains why it is in the condition it is today. Husband and wife were not on talking terms, and from how she had advertised the car - she said that she didnt even want her husband to know where she lives.

Its had a full engine rebuild, seller originally told me a few months ago that it was because there were plans for the car to make it even quicker. It had a rick shaw racing sticker on the back, so i called rick shaw directly - and he told me that the engine was rebuilt because it spun the bottom end and needed a rebuild.

Car is rough as guts, inside and out and drove like complete shit, but at the recent 40k negotiable price drop - i thought to myself, hey - maybe i'll give it a second chance.

However, i just got off another phone call with the seller, and she told me that her ex husband now has the car again. WTF? The same ex husband that she was afraid to know where she lived, the same ex husband that apparently thrashed the car. Whats going on here?

Worst case scenario - If they are not on good terms, and he knows that she's selling the car - its probably getting an ever harder time right now than it ever did before.

Walking away again.. but a real a shame to see what was once such a sexy car get thrashed in what is apparently the middle of a domestic dispute. Or is she even divorced and its just a sales tactic? hmmmm..

End of the day, price would have been dropped because its coming up for rego in feb - and theres no way it would pass in its current state.

Edited by KR4-GTR

Todays GTR search experience.

Have just got off the phone about another GTR i saw myself crawling back to out of curiosity.

It is already in Sydney, previously had the number plates POSSM. 'Lady owner', after posting up on SAU and asking about its history - it appears that it was the husband and the sons which gave it quite a hard life and that explains why it is in the condition it is today. Husband and wife were not on talking terms, and from how she had advertised the car - she said that she didnt even want her husband to know where she lives.

Its had a full engine rebuild, seller originally told me a few months ago that it was because there were plans for the car to make it even quicker. It had a rick shaw racing sticker on the back, so i called rick shaw directly - and he told me that the engine was rebuilt because it spun the bottom end and needed a rebuild.

Car is rough as guts, inside and out and drove like complete shit, but at the recent 40k negotiable price drop - i thought to myself, hey - maybe i'll give it a second chance.

However, i just got off another phone call with the seller, and she told me that her ex husband now has the car again. WTF? The same ex husband that she was afraid to know where she lived, the same ex husband that apparently thrashed the car. Whats going on here?

Worst case scenario - If they are not on good terms, and he knows that she's selling the car - its probably getting an ever harder time right now than it ever did before.

Walking away again.. but a real a shame to see what was once such a sexy car get thrashed in what is apparently the middle of a domestic dispute. Or is she even divorced and its just a sales tactic? hmmmm..

End of the day, price would have been dropped because its coming up for rego in feb - and theres no way it would pass in its current state.

Have you checked the car out? It's a Vspec 2?

at 40K it's fairly reasonable if it's threshed a little as long as it's still got a good engine ... rebuilt can be done down the track.

Tell us a bit more on the condition if you had saw it.

If only it's got a black interior I will really be interested in getting it too ... :)

Hey Chris on second thought this car seems a little funny ...

There are no aluminum pedals and the rocket cover looks chipped from the photos ... how can someone threshed the car so badly that the paint from the rocket cover starts to Peel ...

I will be looking forward from your comments ... :)

Just another one you Might be interested in Chris ... :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...id=11EFBDFD5780

hey mate, have already seen this one. cheers anyway!

1) i dont want to directly impact the chances of anyone selling their car, so i'll have to stay very light on the details with this one. anyway, my personal experience - this guy constantly lied through his teeth about the car just to get me to fly over to melbourne, and then turned into a complete 2 faced immature and arrogant c*nt when i told him politely that im not going to go through with buying it (even though i never actually made any promises to start with!) on a side note, it would be perfect if you're after a car which is 2 completely different shades of blue - front / back.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...id=125A907BF199

Have you checked the car out? It's a Vspec 2?

at 40K it's fairly reasonable if it's threshed a little as long as it's still got a good engine ... rebuilt can be done down the track.

Tell us a bit more on the condition if you had saw it.

If only it's got a black interior I will really be interested in getting it too ... :)

Hey mate, when a cars been thrashed - especially in this instance, its not just the engine you have to worry about. its also the wear and tear on the gear box, the diff - etc. with this particular car, i'd even question if the rebuild was even done properly, and i dont have 10k sitting up my sleeve when it falls over and needs another rebuild!

If yor curious - car also has dents and scratches all over, cracks through numerous interior panels, nismo cluster stating almost 100,000k's (who knows how much its done on the standard cluster?), seats had holes in them, front splitter was held together with masking tape, tyres were bald, has had a new headlight put in and a bit of paint work, probably from a previous side / front end hit, the list goes on and on - i had a 2 page+ list of negotiation points when i first saw the car but i threw them out a few months ago.

also - its not a vspec II, thats just a sticker.

Edited by KR4-GTR

Quick update -

I spoke with Garry, the GTR with the white TE37's is in Kyushu - over 700km from their closest inspector.

Garry is still trying to get more pics and further info. Its not completely off the table as of yet, however we are both hesitant to move forward on a car which we are unable to some how get thoroughly inspected first.

In brighter news - another one has just popped up within the last 15 minutes.

Check out my latest obsession -

1999/04, non accident vehicle with service history. Apparently stock as a rock apart from a HKS intercooler.

post-54322-1261452685_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452697_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452767_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452782_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452798_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452807_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452816_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452831_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452848_thumb.jpg post-54322-1261452859_thumb.jpg

I have already told Garry and he's on top of it. Lets see how we go! :)

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d100206346

f*ck me she really is perfect! thanks for the link mate :)

i've asked garry how much over my budget she would be.

does anyone else have an idea of a rough price estimation for that one? landed, complied and on the road in aus?

garry is on holidays at the moment, so not sure when i'll hear back - but thats cool, its christmas!,

maybe he'll even personally find me a suprise when he pops into japan? haha

Edited by KR4-GTR

f*ck me she really is perfect! thanks for the link mate :)

i've asked garry how much over my budget she would be.

does anyone else have an idea of a rough price estimation for that one? landed, complied and on the road in aus?

garry is on holidays at the moment, so not sure when i'll hear back - but thats cool, its christmas!,

maybe he'll even personally find me a suprise when he pops into japan? haha

PM sent Chris.

On a side note,

I have also expressed interest in this one -

However - at present, i personally cannot justify spending the extra cash and getting a vspec II over a standard vspec. To me theres just not enough difference between the two apart from a fancy carbon fibre bonnet and some silver pedals to make it worth while.

Times change though, never know!

Edited by KR4-GTR

On a side note,

I have also expressed interest in this one -

However - at present, i personally cannot justify spending the extra cash and getting a vspec II over a standard vspec. To me theres just not enough difference between the two apart from a fancy carbon fibre bonnet and some silver pedals to make it worth while.

Times change though, never know!

also - the seller has stated that the car is still running standard turbos and high boost has been set to 18psi. im no expert, but am i right in saying that if this is kept up - you can expect the turbos to pop some time soon?

one more question - i've noticed on a few 34 gtr's that the passenger side headlight is slightly higher than the driver side? is this normal?

or have i just been looking at 34 gtr pics too much to even notice this? its okay, i wont be offended- you can tell me. haha

post-54322-1261660530_thumb.jpg

one more question - i've noticed on a few 34 gtr's that the passenger side headlight is slightly higher than the driver side? is this normal?

or have i just been looking at 34 gtr pics too much to even notice this? its okay, i wont be offended- you can tell me. haha

Hey Chris,

You are right on this one the passenger side headlight is slightly higher than the driver side.

check out the Gap underneath the lights on this one between left and right ...

post-68844-1261666087_thumb.jpg

Edited by l180sxl