SAU Community

R33 Gtr (series 3) Dash Issue

JET-R33

Hi all,

Just picked up my series 3 R33 GTR and on the way home noticed that the tacho will 'stick' at revs, then jump around the dial and generally not do what it should :banana:

Is this a common issue? Any easy repairs/diagnosis on the issue?

Cheers

Daniel

(also, I've seen some series 3 with the standard 180km/h speedo, and others with a nismo 320km/h speedo - both have claimed it's factory OEM fitment for the series 3 - which really is??)

Excuse my noob-ness. I've done a search and found that this is a pretty common issue. Also found the DIY cluster removal so I'll give it a go on the weekend and check the connectors on the back of the cluster. If that doesn't fix it, then I suppose I'm up for a new cluster :banana:

The 180 km speedo is standard equipment in Japan for new cars.

The Nismo speedo and / or complete cluster is an after market replacement that is simply a plug and play upgrade. The components in a GTR cluster and Nismo cluster are interchangeable and in my case I transferred my GTR tacho to the Nismo cluster as I preferred it to the Nismo tacho. If you go for a Nismo cluster shop around before you buy as you can same hundreds of dollars on the same item.

Thanks mate - I was pretty certain that the 180km/h speedo was the original factory fitment (like all other imports i've dealt with).

Hopefully I won't need to replace my cluster, but I'll definitely shop around if it comes to that. Cheers :(

Will do mate - I'm hoping to pull it apart this weekend so I'll report back once it's done. I'm hoping to avoid putting in a new cluster too so fingers crossed it's just a loose connector.