toddlls

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what a great afternoon!!

I had to leave soon after 4pm, but managed 11 runs.

saved by best run until I was lined up against my old mate todd - 14.5 @ 98.8 mph.

last run of the day for me was the best R/T .008 but only ended with a 14.6

it was all a lot of guess work for me, but bloody good fun trying!!

Big thanks to Todd and the Club Exec for organising the Event

Thanks to everyone involved organising today, it was fantastic and I had loads of fun! I couldn't get near Col on that R1 though! A bit more practice with the take off's and I will hopefully see a low 11! My best was a 11.95@120mph. 60 foot was a horrible 2.17 lol.

So now I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!

i thought that was you. you did well but, stop forgetting to put the helmet visor down lol.

I was there but without my rig, had trouble getting it down there but i still went to watch, some good runs there guys looked like i missed out.

That Elite performance r33 was insain

Great work on your runs guys, I love the sound of redline in the morning & plenty of runs for all.

Now there is a nasty rumour that I lost to Pear-so I have to confirm this as its payback from the big guy as I have ridden his arse about going down to my car at just about every trackday for the last 12-14mths so well done Pear- guess this makes me your drag bitch, I do however have a sneaking suspicion that he has squeezed more power outa his somehow :D

How did Gervase go?...get booted 1st run?

circuit rubber doesnt cut it for drag racing aye. wheel spin through 1st gear.. couldnt do better than a 1.8 60ft time. I either launched too hard and lit them up, or too soft and got bogged down. Tyres + launch control required :P Had a blast though. Might have to look at getting some mickey T's on the rear for next time.

I do however have a sneaking suspicion that he has squeezed more power outa his somehow :P

You have a new fmic, as do i... we should both have an extra few horses :cool:

I think it was my diet that got me the extra speed :banana:

Thanks allot to the SAU exec team for putting together a great event.

The R1 was interesting to say the least.

Best ET 11.05 @ 131mph (2.006sec 60foot / 0.112 =reaction)

Best Reaction 0.002

Best 60 foot 1.974

Best Trap Speed 131.16

For those who missed it, I did mess my pants big time at the top end when I missed changing gears and almost chucked myself over the handle bars on the rev limiter. Then gassed it and dumped the clutch whilst selecting 4th and put it on one wheel at over 200kph. The track staff in the braking area gave me a round of applause when I can up the return road. At the time I was less than impressed but smiled and waved. (Still ran a 12 something) So for those who did see it, I didn't mean to do it and yes I scared the living shit out of myself big time...

I also enjoyed chasing down those cars, the 120 foot handicap start was difficult to chase down.

I threw away a 10 second pass by breaking on my 11.05 pass.

I was worried id break the 10.5sec limit put on motorbikes and as it was one of the earlier runs for the day I didnt know how fast we were going yet.

Thanks again guys, I will do it again soon as I want a 10 on paper.

NOTE: It was me on the white/red R1 who kept leaving my visor up...

I have to say its farkin hard to launch a bike on the strip...

Launching at a set of traffic lights is easy, all the loose dust/rocks just makes the wheel spin a touch and your off...

As where at willowbank I was having hard enough time lifting my boots off the ground it was that sticky...

No room for an error on the line, you either bog down or lift the wheel there is no easy sweet spot...

It takes the regular bike racers ages to get the clutch slip down pat, or use roll bars... :P

I'm not use to the the R1 in a racing environment, I just ride it weekends through the hills...

I agree with ya about launching on the strip vs the road. It was very tough trying to get moving. My 60 foot times were as bad as when I took the line down lol. I can't wait to have another go with some friendlier footwear though.

So has anyone got some pics???

I did that once out of about 10 runs :P

lol tru... it was the dude in the other bike then, he forgot heaps hahah itwas pretty funny, just about every time he got a tapp on the shoulder reminding him

Theres some pics up on boost cruising http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=491904

It was a fun time. Did a 14.079 in my 180sx which is ok conisdering I just bolted a turbo onto the standard SR20de motor a couple of weeks ago with a few supporting mods and only running 6psi.

Looking forward to the next event

dont worry most of us are in the same boat hehe ... im glad the evo wasnt much faster then the 35 bawabawa lol... had my fun for the evening..

Col - did u end up getting that bug out of your eye??

must admit i loved Pear's 34 looked the part ;) well kept 34