Sau Queensland Annual Drags-willowbank

toddlls

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

toddy toddy toddy, come next year the GTR will be rebuilt and your car will still be packing a RB20...then what will you have? And dont say you are better looking because last night your mum told me i was MUCH better looking than you :)

maybe a stupid question?

but are people allowed to come along to spectate? and if so then is there a gate charge?

keen to come along smell some fumes and rupture and ear drum :)

Edited by NFORSA

Also if you can convince a driver, who has no passenger to let you go through the gates with them entry is free because the cost of the day admits one driver and one passenger

I dont think there will be any official meet to cruise out there together but by all means if thats what you want to do feel free to organise one that suits you

I am a newbie and am yet to get my hands on a Skyline yet I would be keen to cruise to willow with others... as long as you accept my Toyota Celsior...I'll hang out that back so I don't cramp your style, hehe - I'm on the North Side (ASPLEY)

Also if you can convince a driver, who has no passenger to let you go through the gates with them entry is free because the cost of the day admits one driver and one passenger

I dont think there will be any official meet to cruise out there together but by all means if thats what you want to do feel free to organise one that suits you

Woah! Didnt know that Andy. Thanks for the info. Now the Wify can go for free. Hahaha

Few questions...

Where can I buy a cheap helmet as last year they told me the one I used would not meet the requirements after the new year.

Does the money have to be paid before hand, or can I pay on the day?

And can someone explain to me how to launch properly please? As last year I went my car was an automatic and now I have recently done a manual converion.

Thanks.

toddy toddy toddy, come next year the GTR will be rebuilt and your car will still be packing a RB20...then what will you have? And dont say you are better looking because last night your mum told me i was MUCH better looking than you :P

Arghh, you got me there :D

Are you all cruising there together? Or just meet out there?

I will be at the gate from 1.30pm or slightly before, there will be paperwork for everyone to sign.

Few questions...

Where can I buy a cheap helmet as last year they told me the one I used would not meet the requirements after the new year.

Does the money have to be paid before hand, or can I pay on the day?

And can someone explain to me how to launch properly please? As last year I went my car was an automatic and now I have recently done a manual converion.

Thanks.

I got mine from Revolution Racegear down here on the Coast. Try a motorbike bike shop otherwise as this piece of safety equipment(helmet) is required for anything motorsport :)

Paid be4 is good, on day can happen in emergency cases by prior arrangement. :D

Stage at lights,

let clutch pedal out slightly as to take up the slack be4 engagement point but not to go-yet,

wait for lights to start falling-anticipate green light if you can

let clutch out in what eva manner you wish that feels safe enough(ur car & u pay to fix it otherwise) & go :P

Paul that would be awesome if you could bring your car out! Would beat watching Todd smash out 167 17 second passes anyway :P

its my birthday the day before and i have planned to fly home for it...ill chat to Stace this weekend and see if she will let me fly back the next day to race (its my birthday weekend so im sure ill be able to swing it).

put me down as a tentative and ill confirm on Monday

Brandon the sweet spot for street tyres in a GTR road car is bang on 7K...any less and you will look silly.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Paul, Awesome :D

Brandon, I pretty much dumped mine though im sure releasing it as fast as possible with out sending a massive jolt through the drivetrain would make for less wheelspin, then again the AWD kinda takes care of that for you so easiest is to go the less technical route (like I did) and just dump it lol

Hope the clutch will survive its first 7k launch with me. The last thing I want its for it to shit itself on my first launch since getting the car. I suppose if the clutch bites really well and no sign of wearing will mean its still in pretty good shape.