SAU Community

R34 Gtr Damaged

Hey guys, jst would like some advice and opinions on what to do.

Basically a lawnmower (the type you hire and they come do the job) scratched two of my cars while walking his equipment through: 3 on the drivers side where the fuel filler cap is and one hit on my front bar.

the beema took the same three scratches on the same side as the gtr, where the fuel cap is.

anyways called him and he's denying ever going through the garage, even though there is grass all over the garage and he asked me to leave the door open for him to walk through.

Called police and made insurance report; he of coarse being pissed off decided to come back to my place and write/scratch F-U--CK on the pasenger side in red pen just over the wheel arch

Next day came back and threw pins all over my driveway in hopes to puncture tyres (luckily we noticed)

anyways im gonna get both cars fixed and them take him to court to try n reclaim damages, long shot i know but hopefully justice will be on my side.

Just wish for some advice if anyone has been through this before, anything like this etc; opinions will be valuable and appreciated.

gonna take this chance, as it will be as the panel beaters to pay some extra cash n have some nismo side skirts and rear pods installed - was gonna do it anyways so i guess a good excuse.

thanks for reading

-Johnny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky.

Did you take some photos and time that each event occurred?

No experience, just if i went through, i'd try to provide as much evidence as I can.

Let us know how it goes.

Even the red pen act can be interpreted as 'Malicious Damage' but I don't know if you've got the proof to make it a Crown case instead of Civil; or do you? I wonder if he'll submit to a police interview. He may be savvy enough to decline an interview that would force the police to charge him.

Sorry Johnny, I'm not versed in law but 4TeeCal or HEKT1K might help much more!

Unlucky.

Did you take some photos and time that each event occurred?

No experience, just if i went through, i'd try to provide as much evidence as I can.

Let us know how it goes.

have photos man, took plenty; may post some up to show what im talking about - ill try n grab as much evidence as possible. thank man

Are you in Melbourne?

I can give you the details of a law firm who deal with car damage and accidents. They're very good to deal with.

You might want to set up a camera to catch him if he comes back.

was thinking about the camera but im moving soon. Thankyou for the offer on the law firm but im gonna just go it alone with the evidence; i have and see if justice prevails.

Even the red pen act can be interpreted as 'Malicious Damage' but I don't know if you've got the proof to make it a Crown case instead of Civil; or do you? I wonder if he'll submit to a police interview. He may be savvy enough to decline an interview that would force the police to charge him.

Sorry Johnny, I'm not versed in law but 4TeeCal or HEKT1K might help much more!

hmmm not sure about that one, the pins in the driveway could be "malicious" too. Police aint much help, havent even been out to inspect for a police report.

My house was robbed about 4 years ago, police didnt show for 2 hours and even though the people were caught (had witnesses) they were never charged and we never recieved any notice of the outcome.

You need a 9mm bro :(

i wanna do this the right way rather than the wrong way. Im sure many people will feel empathy with me n jst want me to go down to the blokes place and "get" him but i wont until he poses a real threat to my family or me, right now he's just being a pathetic/pitty vandal.

i think you have a good chance because you went straight to the cops. i cant remember if you said you did this or not but take the pics to the police as well and tell them everything. if you get a good cop they will point you in the right direction to get this all sorted. most of the time when the police are involved or go around to see him or something like that it usually scares people. and if none of this works there is always option 2 :( . i know a couple guys that can help persuade him as well lol.

its good to see you are going at it the right way it should definately help in court. i do not know how you are keeping your cool though but its good to see these days. i really wish you the best and it gets sorted, its just hard to predict how the court hearing will go because the justice system sucks these days.

Sorry to hear Johnny.

Unfortunately there are some people on this planet that are just here to steal our oxygen.

thanks man, If he had been a man and admitted it then i would have even offered to pay half of his insurance excess but he has completely gone over the top with the vandalism

sorry to hear Johnny.. as mentioned previously take heaps of photos and document EVERYTHING you possibly can - invoices, phone conversations etc

hope it all gets sorted out

thanks man, check this; the police told my mother to call him and offer him one more chance to simple admit to the damage, he didnt pick up so she left a nice message pleading him to please admit and fix our cars

he called the police after that message and said we were harassing him....what a loser ey

after that, the vandalisms began occuring

i think you have a good chance because you went straight to the cops. i cant remember if you said you did this or not but take the pics to the police as well and tell them everything. if you get a good cop they will point you in the right direction to get this all sorted. most of the time when the police are involved or go around to see him or something like that it usually scares people. and if none of this works there is always option 2 :( . i know a couple guys that can help persuade him as well lol.

its good to see you are going at it the right way it should definately help in court. i do not know how you are keeping your cool though but its good to see these days. i really wish you the best and it gets sorted, its just hard to predict how the court hearing will go because the justice system sucks these days.

Its hard for my to keep my cool, I have a bad temper and am capable of jst about anything these days but my family come first and i guess it would be a waste to break the law, get charged with a crime and be no better than this retard.

all over a couple of grand

Will try my best, thanks for the kind words. Ill keep the thread updated as i go

Sorry to hear what happend to you man

again, i appreciate all the kind words as they mean alot when your pride and joy is damaged; my car never really gets driven and i expected it to be safe in the garage :-(

I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone on here, we love our cars and hate to see them damaged after all the care and maintenance.

Its hard for my to keep my cool, I have a bad temper and am capable of jst about anything these days but my family come first and i guess it would be a waste to break the law, get charged with a crime and be no better than this retard.

all over a couple of grand

Will try my best, thanks for the kind words. Ill keep the thread updated as i go

its good to hear you didnt do anything stupid. some idiot cut me off in his 4wd and his trailer nearly swiped me. i got infront of them later gave them the finger and was off. at the lights they pulled up next to me and started yelling. i grabbed my big scissors i have in the car and jumped out ready to stab the flamin mongrels, luckily my little sister was there and she grabbed me before i swung at him. after that i keep my cool coz of my family and i dont want a criminal record coz of someone else. Just dont forget the its just a car and can be fixed but doing something to hurt others will always stay with you. good luck with this and i hope everything comes out good for you.

You have a much better control of your temper than me mate. It certainly makes sense to go about it the legal way, but the guy is pushing his luck.

If you do end up in court you might find there are expenses you can claim in your complaint above the cost of the repairs alone. Hire cars, towing fees, storage fees etc etc. Make sure you claim all that is owed to you. The legal process is long and drawn out, so you need to get every penny that you can considering the amount of time you'll spend chasing him.

its good to hear you didnt do anything stupid. some idiot cut me off in his 4wd and his trailer nearly swiped me. i got infront of them later gave them the finger and was off. at the lights they pulled up next to me and started yelling. i grabbed my big scissors i have in the car and jumped out ready to stab the flamin mongrels, luckily my little sister was there and she grabbed me before i swung at him. after that i keep my cool coz of my family and i dont want a criminal record coz of someone else. Just dont forget the its just a car and can be fixed but doing something to hurt others will always stay with you. good luck with this and i hope everything comes out good for you.

those stories are very common it seems, generally the cars we drive bring out the worst in people and some are just plain arses - ie. jacked up 4wd's with fog lights

Im glad u didnt do anything but shows your a man for being able to defend yourself but still have the conscious mind to weigh the outcome and make the right decision, its what separates us from the animals to an intelligent bloke like u.

not worth a simple cut-off road rage, but maybe if he tried to attack your sis it would have been different.

I did loose my mind after the second vandalism and nails in the driveway, my mother blocked the driveway with her car and stole my keys; god works in these ways to protect us ey?

thanks for the kind words, I will do this the right way

You have a much better control of your temper than me mate. It certainly makes sense to go about it the legal way, but the guy is pushing his luck.

If you do end up in court you might find there are expenses you can claim in your complaint above the cost of the repairs alone. Hire cars, towing fees, storage fees etc etc. Make sure you claim all that is owed to you. The legal process is long and drawn out, so you need to get every penny that you can considering the amount of time you'll spend chasing him.

Im sure you have control of your temper mate, especially over something not worth it - i wont pursue too much or it'll look like im greedy, all i want is for him to admit it and apologise + pay his business insurance which im sure he has.

man are you serious???? how can somebody do that.... esp to a R34GTR Vspec.... wtf

Thats just wrong and if i were in your position i would not be able to keep calm... but its good that you can control that so you dont have to go through more pain!

Hope you win in court ! and get more then just the damages repaired.... =)

You can definitely take him to court. However, it might be hard to press charges against him for writing those words and dropping the pins though. That will require photographic evidence of some kind as proof that he is the culprit.

Happened to one of my friends before when his C63 amg got scratched from the front to the rear in his apartment's car park. He has no proof hence the cops can't do anything. The car park security camera failed to capture anyone either.

Your calmer than some, your doing the right thing thou... if someone damaged my property then came back and wrote that on my car and throw nails on my driveway i would F*** the law go visit him(regret it later hehe).

Hopefully its settled and you get some satisfaction and paymnt for damages, and he doesnt come back to haunt u later.... some ppl can be phycho and hold a grudge.......which in this case sounds like he is the type.

sorry to hear mate,

however, i dont mean to sound pessimistic here. but you have little to no chance on pressing charges for vandalism. You have no concrete evidence watsoever (or any other evidence for that matter) that he is the culprit, and a judge isnt gonna merely take your word on who you "THINK" did it.

as for the damage done by the lawn mower, again its gonna be pretty hard for you to prove that it was his mower that did it. he can argue your simply trying to scam money for repairs for what could be previous damage to ur vehicles. As for the grass in the garage, he can argue the wind merely blew it in seeing how the garage door was open while he was working. So make sure u get enough solid evidence together.

P.S, Good man for not taking this matter into your own hands, legal aspect aside, most the people replying tend to forget he actually knows where you and yur family live. Why risk things blowing out of control over a few grand. do the right thing, get enough credible evidence and stick to him in court :down:

good luck mate