SAU Community

Reparing Damaged/scratched Steering Wheels Or Handbrakes... Check This Ot

spec-V

Hey guys, as apart of my project I wanted to retrofit a R33 S3 wheel to my S1 GTR. The one I had was absolutely FARKED.

After being quoted 300-450 for a retrim I decided to repair this with the help of a few products and people :P

Heres what I came up with.

I would like to ask everyone if they would be interested if this is something that could interest SAU members? ...

I am going to try my handbrake lever next (as it looks similar) I can do all types of steering wheels (within reason)

BEFORE (my super farked R33 S3 wheel scratched, split stiching yuck yuck)

post-49100-1257164387_thumb.jpg

post-49100-1257164422_thumb.jpg

AFTER!!! (5 hours or so later ! fitted tonight so sorry about night pics)

post-49100-1257164677_thumb.jpg

post-49100-1257164800_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate appreciate it!

If enough people are interested I can do something like this as a business, obviously as a trader :P

It is quite a long process about 5 hours all up. But I'd do it for 150-180 bucks plus $20 return courier postage..

Hey guys got some day time photos... Abit of product on the airbag part and shes shiny shiny new new! (not bad for a wheel that rolled in a car into a muddly creek, glass slashed it to bits.)

I can also supply new gearboots and handbrake boots and armrest covers, black with red stiching.. like mine

(armrest not pictured!)

post-49100-1257339258_thumb.jpg

post-49100-1257339354_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I want to do my handbrake lever first to see how I go. I did one ages ago but I f**ked it up, have much better products and knowledge now..

Just havn't had time to experiment, between my day job, my dads business and my parts/paint/panel thing I do on weekends.

That plus the missus, mates, training and gym, makes life hard.

I will attempt my handbrake soon and keep you posted!

I want to do my handbrake lever first to see how I go. I did one ages ago but I f**ked it up, have much better products and knowledge now..

Just havn't had time to experiment, between my day job, my dads business and my parts/paint/panel thing I do on weekends.

That plus the missus, mates, training and gym, makes life hard.

I will attempt my handbrake soon and keep you posted!

pm, me your prices mate and idea of post from Adelaide , black leather with red stitching R32 GTR steering wheel , middle armrest/ glove box lid ,gear boot and handbrake , how do you cover a r32 wheel and finish the material on the arms of the wheel ?

Edited by blingtr

Here is some pictures of my handywork, I can't PM you as your inbox is full.

You pm me and we'll go from there!

I don't do steering wheels, there is wayyyyyyy too much f**king around.. Let me know if I can help!

I can happily do black leather with red stiching or black on black. I don't do any other colour. Sorry.

post-49100-1260003765_thumb.jpg

post-49100-1260003788_thumb.jpg