SAU Community

Bringing An Import From Over East

Sneakyazn

certainly does!

Technically you are not aloud to drive the car once it hits WA Soil without a permit, Its a load of bollocks imo.. I have always just driven the car.. i mean ffs its got plates on it!

you will be required to take it over the pits. Unless its mickey mouse they will most defiantly find something that needs doing on it before it can be licenced, you will also need to pay the vehicle transfer stamp duty, 6 months rego and the pit inspection at the same time if you get it over in one shot.

what are you buying?

Edited by BANGN

certainly does!

Technically you are not aloud to drive the car once it hits WA Soil without a permit, Its a load of bollocks imo.. I have always just driven the car.. i mean ffs its got plates on it!

you will be required to take it over the pits. Unless its mickey mouse they will most defiantly find something that needs doing on it before it can be licenced, you will also need to pay the vehicle transfer stamp duty, 6 months rego and the pit inspection at the same time if you get it over in one shot.

what are you buying?

but i mean cutting to the chase, yah bring it all over in one shot, put it over the pits pay yah rego stamp duty an get fixed whatever they say to get fixed, other then that you dont have to pay for any importing fee's or anything silly like that do you?

and as for what im buying well, its a toss up between a soarer or s15 and having a look at em they are deff cheaper from over east, at the moment i got a 33 but mmmm yea looking for somethin different but yea just needing to know the process before i have my mind set in stone about a particular car an then finding out its gonna be impossible to get it over here, i mean pits is fine they tell yah u what u need 2 get fixed, u fix it an take it over but umm yea.

Its definitely cheaper from eastern states.

BUT if the car is modded, you still have to get it back to stock before you can get it thru the pits.

If you calculate the labour to take the aftermarket part out then put in stock parts(purchasing stock parts?) and fit it back aftermarket parts in, you still come back to the same lump sum as getting a car locally.

One of my mate decided to do this, huge problem was getting the parts out. Did all the right way (He did himself to save money). When taking out parts, he broke the nuts. Then he couldnt drive the car. Got it towed to a workshop and pay alot more to get it done.

End of the day, its still up to you, if you got the time and patience go ahead! :cool:

Good luck.

Its definitely cheaper from eastern states.

BUT if the car is modded, you still have to get it back to stock before you can get it thru the pits.

If you calculate the labour to take the aftermarket part out then put in stock parts(purchasing stock parts?) and fit it back aftermarket parts in, you still come back to the same lump sum as getting a car locally.

One of my mate decided to do this, huge problem was getting the parts out. Did all the right way (He did himself to save money). When taking out parts, he broke the nuts. Then he couldnt drive the car. Got it towed to a workshop and pay alot more to get it done.

End of the day, its still up to you, if you got the time and patience go ahead! :cool:

Good luck.

true true, cheers for the input.

I picked up my 32 from the eastern states at the start of the year. Didnt have to many problems with pit or anything... Drove it around for months on vic plates even got pulled over and cops didnt think twice. There were no extra fees or anything just look at the car as it has to go over the pits.

As said above,

This has been covered many times before.

Vehicle with other states plates on it can IIRC be driven for 3 months legally prior to having its plates switched over to WA.

Thread Closed