SAU Community

First Pass 9.9 @ 147mph Full Trim

superjet760

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off nice pass. I love auto boxes. Fast way to get down the dragstrip in this power and time range. I just never have had the time or money to actually do it. Just done a bunch of talking about it.

Veilsides car for the 8.6 pass was on ET Streets. Croydon Wholesalers car went quicker on ET Streets.

That engine is an RB30 right ? I was looking at the idler and tensioner, and it looks that way.

Edited by tyndago

Yes it is an rb 30.

The Veilside car does say 8.61 with {radials}

Veilside R-1 Street Drag GT-R

World's Quickest Radial Tire Import

8.450 @ 168 MPH (Slicks)

8.612 @ 172.5 MPH (Radials)

0-300 KM/H in 13.00 Sec, Japan's Quickest

If u matched pauls pb @ 1.35 u would have a mid 8...so much for the jap racers hehe

If you look at the Jap cars' times you will notice the significantly higher MPH for similar times outside of Japan due to them having 'goat tracks' for drag strips. Their 60ft's are very ordinary so they have to make it up in the second half of the track. Some of the quicker passes have been very hairy rides.

If you look at the Jap cars' times you will notice the significantly higher MPH for similar times outside of Japan due to them having 'goat tracks' for drag strips. Their 60ft's are very ordinary so they have to make it up in the second half of the track. Some of the quicker passes have been very hairy rides.

yes ive seen some of these runs in japanese on my brothers old video collection & i agree their tracks are terrible

We are just finishing our project car and Im hoping it will run mid 8's once we get the tuning sorted...

So I think this is gonna be a continuing progression to the low 8's...

Japan has been doing it for a while. So sooner or later its gonna happen here people...

Just hope that the gearbox just doesnt shit itself....

LOL

We are just finishing our project car and Im hoping it will run mid 8's once we get the tuning sorted...

So I think this is gonna be a continuing progression to the low 8's...

Japan has been doing it for a while. So sooner or later its gonna happen here people...

Just hope that the gearbox just doesnt shit itself....

LOL

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rob if we can go 1.35 in the 60 the car with the tune up it has in it should go 8.70 at least ,then we can up the power and hope for the best.

Not bad for a fork lift engine ay Rob ha ha

1.35 is very do-able at that weight, we did 1.39 with 1740kg so you should be OK.

My old "forklift" motor ran 7.26 on the weekend, still untouched for 2 years so I'm happy to stick with them for now, lol.

Robbie.

The whole gear box conversion costs about $10000 thats box and converter.

We will see what happens at compak attak this week end it should go a tenth faster than it has.

Robbie thats so f**king fast you will see a six very soon im sure!

yes ive seen some of these runs in japanese on my brothers old video collection & i agree their tracks are terrible
I've been to Sendai, definatly doesn't look as nice as WSID

Ha !! I can confirm that the tracks are not much better than goat tracks.

The local one where I lived in Japan was an old airstrip that was potholed repaired and at one end of the track looking to the other you couldnt see the other end as it had a big hill in the middle with dips either side if that makes any sense.

It was definitely backyard drag racing, they setup xmas tree lights only for the drags.

You sould see where they drag on the streets, absolutely lethal.

On the hand where they do the 300kph over testing was only 50mins drive from my house and that was primo condition except not open to the public,its Daihatsu's test track.

On the hand where they do the 300kph over testing was only 50mins drive from my house and that was primo condition except not open to the public,its Daihatsu's test track.

Well the daihatsu might crack 300km/h in reverse gear with a/c on