SAU Community

Advise Needed Please - What Do I Go For?

CMY32

Adam, R33 are not compatible with NisTune without going to a Z32 ECU... R34 and R32 are.

Nistune fitted and Tuned at Status is 750 going by what Trent said in a thread, best to call him and confirm, as prices could of changed.

Second hand SAFC 2 is what? 250, + wiring + tuning assuming 500ish for install and tune, then it is easily defected, where a NisTune isn't... Things starting to look a little different now?

SAFC: bends AFR's on a few points.

NisTune: AFR's, timing, limits etc can all be adjusted.

damn..... bloody auto

NisTune should be fine with an Auto as it is a modified standard ECU.

i should finish reading b4 i post my reply lol

ill give it a go, if others are having some luck.....

Yay ok i guess i'll give the nistune a go....

Dez - yes it's finally up and running - could've beat ya hehehe

Still got the Ford beast, I'll run you in that.

Might even put it on display at the show n shine..

Beware that when you start considering something like nistune or power fc, tuning is expensive ~$600+

not really... all depends on how many hours the tuner spends - my Nistune remap by Trent @ Status was $750 all up i'm pretty sure. That's all the soldering, installation, tune, etc. Then i think it's about $80/hr for tuning when you come back with "upgrades" :P not 100% sure..

i would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Trent @ Status Tuning. Nistune or whatever other option you go for. But especially Nistune

not really... all depends on how many hours the tuner spends - my Nistune remap by Trent @ Status was $750 all up i'm pretty sure. That's all the soldering, installation, tune, etc. Then i think it's about $80/hr for tuning when you come back with "upgrades" ;) not 100% sure..

i would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Trent @ Status Tuning. Nistune or whatever other option you go for. But especially Nistune

Is Dr. Drift any good?

not really... all depends on how many hours the tuner spends - my Nistune remap by Trent @ Status was $750 all up i'm pretty sure. That's all the soldering, installation, tune, etc. Then i think it's about $80/hr for tuning when you come back with "upgrades" ;) not 100% sure..

That's awesome! $750 is a steal for everything + initial tune.

Is Dr. Drift any good?

He's tuning my car (nistune) on the 27th so i'll let you know. Some friends I have speak very highly of the tunes he's done on their cars.

Best thing about the nistune is that you can load a standard map into it and it will just run as per the factory computer. I got the ECU done months ago (sent mine to Nistune in SA and they returned it within a few days with the chip fitted and the standard ECU map loaded.. Chip cost $220, fitting cost about $60 plus postage). I've been driving with the standard maps for months now, there's no need to get a tune done until you're ready.

Now in the future if I change AFM's or turbos, my ECU will handle it just fine.

He's tuning my car (nistune) on the 27th so i'll let you know. Some friends I have speak very highly of the tunes he's done on their cars.

Best thing about the nistune is that you can load a standard map into it and it will just run as per the factory computer. I got the ECU done months ago (sent mine to Nistune in SA and they returned it within a few days with the chip fitted and the standard ECU map loaded.. Chip cost $220, fitting cost about $60 plus postage). I've been driving with the standard maps for months now, there's no need to get a tune done until you're ready.

Now in the future if I change AFM's or turbos, my ECU will handle it just fine.

Let me know how it goes.........