Nismo fuel pump

HKS dump Pipes

Kakimoto Exhaust

Sard 700cc Injectors

Power FC

Trust Drag Cooler

HKS GT-RS turbos

Nothing more, nothing less.

You could probably make the same power without the dump pipes and the intercooler

I have maxed the AFM's, but a budget build none the less.

There is a Great article in Issues 93 and 103 of High Performance Imports magazine about the essentials of making big power on a GTR.

Goodluck, let us know how you go.

Nigel.

I just spent a bit of dowwla too adding some much needed mods. Similar to above. Was completely stock then got all this in one hit.

I pulled 231awkw at all 4.

That is with the following:

1. Power FC

2. HKS GT-SS's

3. Blitz Dual Soleniod Boost Cntrlr

4. Aftermarket Dumps

5. OS Giken Adj. Cam Gears

Tuner only kept it mild as he said its pretty much on the limits with the GTR's injectors. I am installing fuel pump, injectors and cooler in the new year and going back for a re-tune. He is adament that he can get 300awkw safley.

I just spent a bit of dowwla too adding some much needed mods. Similar to above. Was completely stock then got all this in one hit.

I pulled 231awkw at all 4.

That is with the following:

1. Power FC

2. HKS GT-SS's

3. Blitz Dual Soleniod Boost Cntrlr

4. Aftermarket Dumps

5. OS Giken Adj. Cam Gears

Tuner only kept it mild as he said its pretty much on the limits with the GTR's injectors. I am installing fuel pump, injectors and cooler in the new year and going back for a re-tune. He is adament that he can get 300awkw safley.

Shouldnt have any dramas unless you're having the same problem as I do. For some reason I was told during the tune the car cant hold the boost which is why I'm running 16psi. Anything more it wouldnt hold it. Was told high chance its a dodgy wastegate but anyway, back on the topic. My mod list is pretty similiar to yours except the turbos I have are N1 which I believe are GT-SS equivalent. No cams, using pfc and pfc boost controller kit. Got 255awkw for the tune running around 16.5psi. which is around 1.15bar. Having said that, with more fuel (bigger injectors, fuel pump), bigger AFM (Nismo, Z32 or just go map sensors) and more boost, I'm sure it'll go over 300awkw.

Thats a really good result. I did shell out the extra cash early to put in dumps and do cams for a bit more response prior to doing fuel system.

It is interesting the different changes that you have got from things like AFM's and fuel compared to cam's etc.

I need to know when I can stop safely though, I want as much power as possible whilst still getting a bit more life out of the stock internals. From what I have read that seems to be somewhere between 300-350kw, anything past that things start getting too stressed.

Anyone out there with a nice power figure on an older stock motor, that is still going strong?

I just made 330kw on 18psi with:

Nismo fuel pump

HKS dump Pipes

Kakimoto Exhaust

Sard 700cc Injectors

Power FC

Trust Drag Cooler

HKS GT-RS turbos

Shouldn't GT-RS turbos be capable of more than 330kw? Is that an all wheel figure? I thought they would hit around the 350awkw as they have a larger compressor than most of the commonly used turbo's like the HKS 2530's or the Garrett 2860-5's.

Speaking of which... Could anybody offer any direct comparisons between these two turbo setups? I have noticed that the Garrett's can be bought a fair bit cheaper. What would be the difference between the HKS 2530's and the Garrett 2860-5's?

Edited by Shinrai

Ash has already posted... GT-RS will make well over 400rwkw... and be laggy on a 2.6L

2530's will make around 350 - 400rwkw... or the Garrett equivalent -5's

GTSS are the right size for low 300rwkw... or the Garrett equivalents -9's

plenty of info about these turbos already on this site

Ash has already posted... GT-RS will make well over 400rwkw... and be laggy on a 2.6L

2530's will make around 350 - 400rwkw... or the Garrett equivalent -5's

GTSS are the right size for low 300rwkw... or the Garrett equivalents -9's

plenty of info about these turbos already on this site

Which is why I questioned the 330kw figure above.

Thank you for pointing out that one person has already posted some info.

I was just wondering if anyone had direct comparisons between the HKS 2530's and the Garrett 2860-5's. I realise they are meant to be the equivalent to each other but there must some differences however slight they may be. Is one more reliable than the other (build quality)? Is there any difference in performance characteristics? Or is it really as simple as the HKS costs more because of the name.

They are both Garrett cores, so build quality = same.

The housings all have Garrett stamped on them as well from memory so no issue with quality/reliability.

Remember the HKS kit comes with new banjo washers, gaskets, actuators etc etc.

When you buy the Garrett Turbos - you just get the turbo's and need to buy the rest separately.

You also pay for the HKS name/branding.

Overall there is i think a tiny wheel difference, which overall makes no noticeable alteration to how the turbo works or results that will be attained.

When the dollar is good the HKS "kits" are not too different from the overall price of the Garretts.

Remember you need to account for shipping, taxes and so on from Japan. Where the Garrett items are already here in the country :)

Thanks for the reply...

However, there seems to be more than a little difference with the price. So far the best price on the HKS 2530's is $4,560 plus an extra $300 for the actuators...

http://www.performance-wise.com/page41.htm (about half way down the page).

And the best price on the Garrett 2850R-5 is $2,420 including the actuators but I will need to purchase the install kit for an additional $440.

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/ga...line-p-302.html

As you can see going the Garrett route, I will save $2,000!! Unless anyone can recommend a cheaper HKS dealer?

Also, just another quick question... What do the Garrett 2560R-7's compare to? Are they somewhere between the HKS GT-SS and 2530?

Edited by Shinrai

I do not even think you can get genuine new HKS 2530's anymore :(

Are you saying that the link I provided is not supplying genuine items? He didn't mention along those lines when I asked a few questions via e-mail.

Ye i think so, or you can get them but in extremely limited supply. Certainly not a common item to source.

-7's are smaller than -9's (GT-SS).

Kinda a steel wheeled stock turbo virtually

Oh ok... Then what about the 2860R-10's? Sorry about all the questions, I just like to get all my facts together before moving forward with any plans.

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/ga...line-p-463.html