SAU Community

Fitting Tyres

W1ngnut

Hi Guys

Have just received my new set of tyres for my rims since the 595s on the rears were close enough to not being legal (just a mm or so to go before the wear indicator).

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a tyre mob to fit my new tyres up? I had QuickFit in Fyshwick mount them last time and whilst they did a quick and reasonably cheap job, the balancing was the worst I had received (over 75grams just on one rim, had it rebalanced by Inline and it came back to 15grams and drove without wobble).

Also, does anyone know how well Ray Spence takes engineering cert adjustments? My rims/tyre combo is engineered but the fronts are going to 235/40 instead of 225/40 now, so I need to get it changed on the certificate.

Cheers

Sam

If you go to JAX in Tuggers then just slash your own tyres now. I have had repeated bad work and long waits there.

Try Bridgestone on the corner, they do good by me. The cost of fitting and balancing will be the same as any cheap chop shop around.

I better start slashing my tyres then...

Didn't have internet access last night so had no chance of reading all this until I got into work just then. Already dropped them down to QuickFit in Tuggerz :D