SAU Community

Engineer To Comply My 89 Gtst In Victoria

f1750

Hi guys i have to get my gtst 89 on the road here in vic. I need some contact details of a good engineer to comply the car to the 15 year old import rules and a contact to weld/tack intrusion bars in doors thanks louis

Hi guys i have to get my gtst 89 on the road here in vic. I need some contact details of a good engineer to comply the car to the 15 year old import rules and a contact to weld/tack intrusion bars in doors thanks louis

15yo import rules dont exist anymore, you have to go through full compliance and you need a workshop who has a sevs licesne to do it, contact vic roads they will give you a list.

15yo import rules dont exist anymore, you have to go through full compliance and you need a workshop who has a sevs licesne to do it, contact vic roads they will give you a list.
thanks a bunch

louis

Howdy baron i imported it 7 years ago as a 15 year car

its a standard approval

thanks

louis

hi Louis, when you say 'standard approval' there isn't really such a thing. if it was 7 years ago it may well have been imported under the old LVIS (Low Volume Import Scheme). In that case you may be out of luck. if you imported it 7 years ago that was 2002. in 2002 we could only import cars built up to 1987 under the 15yo rule so in that case your car was definitely not a 15yo car. it may be too late to have it complied under it's current import approval. if you still have it can you post a scan of it up? feel free to black out your name, the chassis number, approval number etc but it will at least mean we can give you some advice.

edit: just read your post properly, you say it was a 15yo import approval but if it was 7 years ago I don't see how you could get an 89 GTST? Anyway assuming you do have it imported under the 15yo rule you should be able to just go through the basic requirements for it to be able to be registered in your chosen state. They might ask some questions as to why you didn't get it done in the last 5 years or so.....

• 2 weeks later...
hi Louis, when you say 'standard approval' there isn't really such a thing. if it was 7 years ago it may well have been imported under the old LVIS (Low Volume Import Scheme). In that case you may be out of luck. if you imported it 7 years ago that was 2002. in 2002 we could only import cars built up to 1987 under the 15yo rule so in that case your car was definitely not a 15yo car. it may be too late to have it complied under it's current import approval. if you still have it can you post a scan of it up? feel free to black out your name, the chassis number, approval number etc but it will at least mean we can give you some advice.

edit: just read your post properly, you say it was a 15yo import approval but if it was 7 years ago I don't see how you could get an 89 GTST? Anyway assuming you do have it imported under the 15yo rule you should be able to just go through the basic requirements for it to be able to be registered in your chosen state. They might ask some questions as to why you didn't get it done in the last 5 years or so.....

Thanks a bunch ill ring Vic Roads

• 2 months later...