SAU Community

Turbo Rebuild

Juan

HyperGear Check the For Sale Section, its been covered.

Special promotion: This is our ATR43 Turbocharger. This is a high performance turbocharger engineered for RB25det engines to produce any thing from 200rwkws to 300rwkws. They are covered by 12 Month Warranty for all High performance use.

PPR From: $1250 + GST

atr43.gif

Turbocharger catalog, Turbo kits and media gallery:

turbomenu.gif

Turbocharger Hi flow service:

We can also high flow your old or blown T2x or T3x turbochargers from $800, Or rebuild from $400.

turborebuild.gif

highflow.gif

Please give us a call on 0413457185 or 0390163965 if any assistance is required.

Edited by Takahashi GTR

Considering you can buy NEW Garretts for $1300ea give/take, and putting in steel wheels (with a rebuilt core) is going to cost you nearly $1000 for a proper ball bearing job...

You might as well buy the slightly larger Garretts (the -9's are the ones you want).

They give response virtually as factory, yet will make an extra 40-60rwkw ontop of factory items. (peak around 330rwkw, as opposed to around 280 with steel wheels)

have you got the number for "rotomaster"

Hopefully getting steel wheels installed cost less than $2K closer to $1,5K,

if not i will get Garrett probably -7 cause the -9 i will have to folk out more money for actuators and their relatively the similar

Edited by Juan

thanks for the info guys

weighing up the cost of a rebuild plus steel wheel ($1600-$1800) also the down time, i don't reckon it worth it

compared to getting brand new Garrett -7

Looks like im getting Garrett -7

just thinking about it makes me excited

Well we can upgrade steel wheels for $660 per turbo including Garrett 360 degrees thrust bearing kit installed and balanced. Or $880 high flowed to sleeve bearing -5 spec.

Ball bearing -5 is $1250 per turbo brand new with actuator. -7 is $1320 per turbo Brand new with actuator. We don't currently stock -9s but will be able to supply them are a very reasonable price.

Also working with a 15 ~ 20 years old engine, I don't really find BB turbos are that reliable unless you run in line filters through them. 60% of total amount of turbos came in for overhauls are ball bearing turbos, and the age of them are also lot younger.

Garrett BB CHRAs got 2x 20thou pin hole for oil feeding, once they are blocked your turbo is dead. This is a problem, I think this is some thing Garrett needs to think about in their coming designs.

sounds interesting!! mite get steel wheel

why does -7 cost more than -5, when -5 are the larger turbo?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...rison_sheet.htm

do you have address of your shop cause your site doesn't have it.

how much can a steel wheel be boosted, how much power do you think i'll be looking at?

ATP ATPturbo.com.au

Advanced Turbo Performance

1198 Dandenong Rd,

Murrumbeena, Vic.

3163 Australia

PH: (61-3) 9569 4764

Mobile.: 0412 555 909atpturbo @ optusnet.com.au

ATP for all TURBO PRODUCTS - 1198 Dandenong Rd MURRUMBEENA Victoria 3163 Australia (61-3) 9569 4764

ALL TURBO - REPAIRS - PARTS - REBUILDS - SALES - NEW & USED TURBOCHARGERS for ALL TURBO CARS INCLUDING FORD MAZDA NISSAN MITSUBISHI TOYOTA

sounds interesting!! mite get steel wheel

why does -7 cost more than -5, when -5 are the larger turbo?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...rison_sheet.htm

do you have address of your shop cause your site doesn't have it.

how much can a steel wheel be boosted, how much power do you think i'll be looking at?

Hey mate, I have steel wheeled turbos with 360 degree thrust bearings in my GTR at the moment cost me around $1200 all up, running 17psi and 287RWKW and I think thats about as far as you can safely boost them and keep them in the efficiency range. To tell you the truth I regret for not getting new Garrett's like R31Nismoid suggested for the price they cost. They just seem to take forever to spool, its much laggier than stock and die of in the high RPM range, and they cant make any more power than this. Just spend a little extra and get Garrett's and be done with it, trust me you wont save much by going the steel wheel way, I'm saying this because now I want to upgrade and have to go through all the shit to get them off again and spend much more than what I would have if I got Garrett's straight away and its not fun mate. I also think -9 are the way to go and they are the ones I'll be getting in the future.

Cheers

^ Great feedback mate, exactly what people "theorise" about, but to hear that you personally feel a solid different is very much worth noting.

If you are just doing steel wheel's they should almost be identical in spool though.

Juan, -5's should be more expensive by around $50ea. Could be out of date pricing.

Always get a quote locally and go from there. Plenty of SAU traders doing solid pricing on Garrett Turbos.

looked onto the garrett website http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/

Noticed they have two type of "-9"

this one has the name GT2859

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...9R_707160_9.htm

This one as the name GT2860

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...0R_739548_9.htm

Both of them are "-9", which one are you referring to R31Nismoid.

the first one doesn't come with an actuator,

whilst the second does come with an actuator.